Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The June Summer Solstice Showdown contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

What was your dream job as a child?

Did you take some training to educate kids who require special attention?
Yes, I did. I am certified for that. And I keep attending workshops and seminars too to keep myself updated with the latest in the field. I also conduct workshops and webinars for parents and educators. I have joined another one year course online. I am devoting half of my Sunday for the online classes. We have 100 professionals doing it from thirteen countries across the globe.

Yes, I did. I am certified for that. And I keep attending workshops and seminars too to keep myself updated with the latest in the field. I also conduct workshops and webinars for parents and educators. I have joined another one year course online. I am devoting half of my Sunday for the online classes. We have 100 professionals doing it from thirteen countries across the globe.

That's great!! One needs to be skilled for teaching kids with special needs.

That's great!! One needs to be skilled for teaching kids with special needs.
Yes. But what I have realised that more than any formal course and certification, I have learnt more with hands on practice. Working with children has helped me learn more and also sharing experiences with other professionals and parents. That's why I am looking forward to this current course. It's people in the field discussing their case studies. You get a lot of learning and fresh perspective there.

Yes. But what I have realised that more than any formal course and certification, I have learnt more with hands on practice. Working with children has helped me learn more and also sharing experiences with other professionals and parents. That's why I am looking forward to this current course. It's people in the field discussing their case studies. You get a lot of learning and fresh perspective there.
That's a very good profession you got going for you. The fact that you are making attempts to constantly upgrade yourself by acquiring more skills is something to applaud. Keep it up.

@Teegold . Thank you so much for those encouraging words. I am grateful to the Almighty that destiny landed me into such noble job. I never had a plan for that. I was totally into Biotech but then forces of Universe attracted me this one and I found my true calling here.

@Teegold . Thank you so much for those encouraging words. I am grateful to the Almighty that destiny landed me into such noble job. I never had a plan for that. I was totally into Biotech but then forces of Universe attracted me this one and I found my true calling here.
The transition in your career happened for a reason. So try and make the best use of the field they are in now, I'm very sure that it will take you places.

@Teegold . Thank you so much for the encouraging words and warm wishes. I am really enjoying it. I try to be helpful and useful for as many children and families I come across. Also, I am trying to share my experience to young parents and educators to empower them. And I too keep learning and growing through all these.

@Teegold . Thank you so much for the encouraging words and warm wishes. I am really enjoying it. I try to be helpful and useful for as many children and families I come across. Also, I am trying to share my experience to young parents and educators to empower them. And I too keep learning and growing through all these.
Don't mention bro. One love, this forum is meant for best wishes and encouraging words. I'm enjoying your contributions here so far 🙂

Don't mention bro. One love, this forum is meant for best wishes and encouraging words. I'm enjoying your contributions here so far 🙂
Thank you. Even I have started liking this forum. I wish I had more time to do more justice to all the forums that I am a part of.

Thank you. Even I have started liking this forum. I wish I had more time to do more justice to all the forums that I am a part of.
Same here too. With all the offline engagements one has at hand, it has become harder to be frequently online on those forums, but we are still giving it our best.

@Teegold . It's weekend here. I have a free Saturday today and I want to make use of it as much as I can for my online hustles. I have joined a training course on Sunday to update myself professionally. It's an online course and it takes half of my Sunday. So, Sunday gets busy. This will be till March 2025 when I complete it and get the certificate.

Lucky you, for me my Saturday is jam-packed with lots of things, I need to cook and at the same time prepare for a workers class I we be teaching in church today, not to mention the fact that we had an alnite program which I have not slept yet.

No doubt practical experience make you learn more than theory.

That's why we should focus more on practical things and analyze them. Sometimes the theoretical things we read are not enough for us to work on. I always emphasize it for my kids.

No doubt practical experience make you learn more than theory.
Very true! Especially if you are dealing with humane side. No amount of psychology preaching, teaching methods and technologies work more than the practical experience. Every child is different and you can't treat and teach them all with the same method.

This is what every teacher need to understand that every child is different and teacher has to treat him/her differently.

I wanted to be a cricketer but have never went all out for it but I guess I should have tried hard as its a great profession now

This is what every teacher need to understand that every child is different and teacher has to treat him/her differently.
Very true! This is the most noble profession, especially teachers of very young children. One has to do it with full passion. It needs a lot of dedication and creativity.

@Teegold . It's weekend here. I have a free Saturday today and I want to make use of it as much as I can for my online hustles. I have joined a training course on Sunday to update myself professionally. It's an online course and it takes half of my Sunday. So, Sunday gets busy. This will be till March 2025 when I complete it and get the certificate.
Well, another weekend is upon us. Is your Saturday free? If yes then you can spend more time online for the day.

Last edited:

Featured Articles

Back