Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The June Summer Solstice Showdown contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

What was your dream job as a child?

I wanted to be a medical doctor, or at least a nurse. But now I'm in an entirely different profession 🥺 which is not exactly bad, but I feel my life would have been better if I had achieved my desire.

When I was a kid I dreamed of becoming a doctor, by the time I was a 10th grader I understood I did not have a talent to become a doctor. Then I planned to become a nurse. Once I passed school, I understood becoming nurse was also difficult

I wanted to be a medical doctor, or at least a nurse. But now I'm in an entirely different profession 🥺 which is not exactly bad, but I feel my life would have been better if I had achieved my desire.
Truly, professional careers like doctors or nurses offer more financial stability than most jobs out there, so I can understand your concern. At the same time, try to enjoy the profession that you are currently in and always upgrade yourself.

When I was a kid I dreamed of becoming a doctor, by the time I was a 10th grader I understood I did not have a talent to become a doctor. Then I planned to become a nurse. Once I passed school, I understood becoming nurse was also difficult
I went through something similar. I wanted to become a structural engineer but I later came to find out I pretty much sucked in anything related to calculations.

Most of the kids want to become doctors because they see a doctor being kind to people and earning well, but as the kids grow up, they realize that to become a doctor, one needs to work very hard and have to clear many competitive exams, so they give up.

Most of the kids want to become doctors because they see a doctor being kind to people and earning well, but as the kids grow up, they realize that to become a doctor, one needs to work very hard and have to clear many competitive exams, so they give up.
It is a trend that kept happening over and over again. As children, many people have flamboyant dreams and careers, but as they grow old the reality of life hits them and they realize that not many of them can become what they wanted.

That's true, as we grow older our dreams tend to change due to various situations like throws at us. Or we might come to realize we are not suitable for does dream Jobs.

It is a trend that kept happening over and over again. As children, many people have flamboyant dreams and careers, but as they grow old the reality of life hits them and they realize that not many of them can become what they wanted.

It's the reality of life. There are very few people who are able to accomplish their dreams once they grow up. It's all because of many factors. Most of us , get inclined to other things once we understand things. I know many of my friends who wanted become an engineer but became a teacher or anything else.

It's the reality of life. There are very few people who are able to accomplish their dreams once they grow up. It's all because of many factors. Most of us , get inclined to other things once we understand things. I know many of my friends who wanted become an engineer but became a teacher or anything else.
Yes that's true, for some, it could be that they do not have the needed resources to carry out these dreams. I have even seen cases where some are able to start but not complete it.

From aspiring to become an engineer to being a teacher is something way different. But what can be done?

@Teegold I am the example of it. I wanted to become a teacher but become an engineer.😀

@Teegold I am the example of it. I wanted to become a teacher but become an engineer.😀
If I'm being honest, I will consider that an upgrade. I'm not downgrading the teaching profession or anything, but surely you will agree that engineering is better?

Yes engineering is better but teaching is a respectful job and I like teaching kids

Teaching should be one of the most respected jobs all over the world, but it's a pity this occupation is being looked down on in most countries. Like here in my country, a lot of people today do not want to be teachers because they are under paid, not respected and need to have other sources of income to survive.

That's the problem in most countries. Teachers were underpaid here too in the past, but things have improved now. Those who teach higher classes are paid well.

Yes engineering is better but teaching is a respectful job and I like teaching kids
Hmmm, if it is because you love teaching kids then that's fine. But I still maintain that engineering has better career prospects than teaching.

That's the problem in most countries. Teachers were underpaid here too in the past, but things have improved now. Those who teach higher classes are paid well.
Over here it seems more like things are growing worse. Anyways we are all hoping things would get better.

I wanted to be everything else but not teacher. And later in my life in my thirties, I made a lateral shift and entered education field to become special educator and counselor. And today after 15 years, I am very happy to be here. I found my passion in this job.

I wanted to be everything else but not teacher. And later in my life in my thirties, I made a lateral shift and entered education field to become special educator and counselor. And today after 15 years, I am very happy to be here. I found my passion in this job.
That's is very nice! I'm glad you made that transition. Looking back, I'm sure you are not regretting a thing.

Did you take some training to educate kids who require special attention?

Featured Articles

Back