Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you wish to settle in rural place?

Yes there are lots of lands like that but the issue is the owner might have need of it one day, which means you would to start looking for a new place to move to.

Borrowing land is very normal thing here because people don't want to sell it, hoping that the rate of their land will increase in the future and it happens.

Yes there are lots of lands like that but the issue is the owner might have need of it one day, which means you would to start looking for a new place to move to.
That's true, eventually the owner of the Land would want to use it for something. But before then at least you would have farmed on it and realize some gain before moving on.

Yes that's true, but I prefer having my peace of mind, I have also seen cases where they try to kill the owner of the land so no one will come and drive them.

Murder of people because of the property is a common thing here too.
The rates of land in the village are increasing 100 times since the people bought it years ago. I have a property whose rates are increasing to the extent that no one is able to buy it.

I used to think we only had this issue here in my country, am surprised we still have it in other places as well.

Murder of people because of the property is a common thing here too.
The rates of land in the village are increasing 100 times since the people bought it years ago. I have a property whose rates are increasing to the extent that no one is able to buy it.
When it comes to landed properties, the price usually goes higher over time. But don't be surprised there are still people who are able to afford it.

Of cause, no matter how expensive things becomes in the future, there is always someone out there who is able to afford this.

When it comes to landed properties, the price usually goes higher over time. But don't be surprised there are still people who are able to afford it.

Yes there are people who can afford the prices but they are not easy to find out. We have a land nearby a road which is getting expansive day by day.

Yes that's true, most people are not even aware of these lands, that's why seriously marketing and advertising is extremely important.

Hmm...I understand it. People in rural area don't apply any marketing skills.

Hmm...I understand it. People in rural area don't apply any marketing skills.
Lol that's true, most of them simply rely on words of mouth as their means of advertising.

Lol that's true, most of them simply rely on words of mouth as their means of advertising.

Absolutely, that's the only way to advertise their land. We had sold a piece of land around 30 years ago, and the rate of that land is 50% more than what we sold it at that time. I have known that land is always a good option for investment.

If you have the enough money or can somehow arrange a weekly visit to a village or rural area then it will be great as you may feel refreshed and energized

I love rural areas because of the look. In particular, I like mountainous areas. I lived in such places most of my life (Southwest Virginia, Northeastern Tennessee USA).

That's why I feel the option to have a farm house is the best, although it will be expensive to maintain two houses like that but best as you can enjoy your weekend there

I have a little farm that I always cultivate on a yearly basis for maize and yam production. I have to be honest that it is one of the best decisions that I have taken as I now spend less on certain food items.

I have a little farm that I always cultivate on a yearly basis for maize and yam production. I have to be honest that it is one of the best decisions that I have taken as I now spend less on certain food items.
That is indeed a very good decision you made. I also have a small garden in my backyard that I grow vegetables, and that has helped to reduce the amount of money I spend buying groceries.

I think many people want it, but over the years at such rates, even the village will not be such a calm and comfortable place. While I'm still young, I'd like to live at this fast pace, but when I'm old, I'll buy a house somewhere near the mountains

I think many people want it, but over the years at such rates, even the village will not be such a calm and comfortable place. While I'm still young, I'd like to live at this fast pace, but when I'm old, I'll buy a house somewhere near the mountains

That's a good plan. I will also plan for it if I have enough money to buy a house near the mountains. But the only thing is that life is tough in hilly areas as one has to walk a lot, even for the small things you want to avail of.

I would have also accommodated the plan of getting a house on the mountains, but I'm not a fan of having to climb high up the mountain whenever I'm going to my house. So I think I will pass.

I would have also accommodated the plan of getting a house on the mountains, but I'm not a fan of having to climb high up the mountain whenever I'm going to my house. So I think I will pass.

Not everyone like living on the mountains specially those who have lived there. May of my colleagues have their native place on the hilly area and they don't get excited like us to go to the mountains. For them it is a normal place.

Featured Articles

Back