Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you wish to settle in rural place?

I'm not really a fan of quiet and reserved places. I like the bubbling life better, and the city offers it best.

Nah, I'm good. Rural life is simply not for me. I'll keep grinding in the city.

Nah, I'm good. Rural life is simply not for me. I'll keep grinding in the city.

Why do you like city life? Most of the cities are polluted and populated. Because of the high density of my city, I don't like to stay here and want to live in a place where there are lots of trees and open areas.

It is always greener on the other side. People from smaller towns think that big cities are fun.

There are better medical facilities, educational and job opportunities if you are close to a city.

It is always greener on the other side. People from smaller towns think that big cities are fun.

There are better medical facilities, educational and job opportunities if you are close to a city.

I have lived in both places, so I know which is better. Of course, you have lots of opportunities in the city, but these days, when the villages are developing, one may find some suitable earning sources and other facilities there; no doubt, they are not better than in the cities.

But that is the plain plain truth isn't it? Most of the opportunities and amenities that exist can be assessed easily while in the city.

I would like to settle in rural place one day
I have a couple of reasons, one, the cost of living is very low, two, rural areas are so peaceful and they are away from hostel and bustle, three, rural areas also provide fresh food.

I have a couple of reasons, one, the cost of living is very low, two, rural areas are so peaceful and they are away from hostel and bustle, three, rural areas also provide fresh food.
All your points are valid ✅. But if you are still a young person, there would not be much opportunity for career progression in a rural place.

And most importantly cities are polluted and villages are not.

Why do you like city life? Most of the cities are polluted and populated. Because of the high density of my city, I don't like to stay here and want to live in a place where there are lots of trees and open areas.
That's true, but at the moment the city offer more opportunities when it comes to making money, so I guess this is why most people would choose the city. Then again there are does who do not like a quite life.

That's the only benefit of living in a city. We have lots of states where the soil is fertile and farmers have good yields of crops every year, which gives them a good profit, so they don't need to shift to the city to earn money.

That's the only benefit of living in a city. We have lots of states where the soil is fertile and farmers have good yields of crops every year, which gives them a good profit, so they don't need to shift to the city to earn money.
True but then again not everyone would be interested in going into agriculture. There are others who would want to do other things like working in an oil company or engineers.

True but then again not everyone would be interested in going into agriculture. There are others who would want to do other things like working in an oil company or engineers.
Agriculture can be practiced in the city too though, it is not as if there is no arable or fertile land that can be used to grow crops there.

Agriculture can be practiced in the city too though, it is not as if there is no arable or fertile land that can be used to grow crops there.
Yes I am aware of that, I am taking about people who are not interested in agriculture. The city gives them more options and opportunities better than that of rural places.

Yes I am aware of that, I am taking about people who are not interested in agriculture. The city gives them more options and opportunities better than that of rural places.
That's correct. Everyone should go for where will be best for them.

Here, it cannot be done because the cost of land is very high in comparison to the cost of land in the villages. I don't know how the situation is at your place. I think the situation is more or less the same everywhere.

Here, it cannot be done because the cost of land is very high in comparison to the cost of land in the villages. I don't know how the situation is at your place. I think the situation is more or less the same everywhere.
I think it's everywhere cause while over here we have a lot of farms in the city, most people tend to go to rural place to farm lands are a lot cheaper there and they have more free lands compared to the city.

Yes, and that's why I have a plan to shift to a village once I retire from the job because things are cheaper there than in the city and we will have a peaceful life there. No doubt there is no continuous supply of power, but that is fine because everything has its pros and cons.

Yeah lands are expensive in the city, but there are some lands owned by people who have no interest in farming on them. So they allow others to borrow the land and farm them.

Yeah lands are expensive in the city, but there are some lands owned by people who have no interest in farming on them. So they allow others to borrow the land and farm them.
Yes there are lots of lands like that but the issue is the owner might have need of it one day, which means you would to start looking for a new place to move to.

Featured Articles

Back