Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you ever played a video game in another language?

Yes i did when i played free fire for the first time it's default choosed Chinese language and i don't understand what this is but it's fun for a while and the characters sound Heard funny and good at that moment it's a good and scary moment.
You could have left the game at Chinese. Who knows, it can be the drive that will make you learn Chinese!

Yes, that can be a drive to learn a new language. Sometimes, we don't take the first step on our own since we have not come across the language earlier. But if meet it accidentally on a gaming platform, it might fascinate us and encourage us to learn it.

Yes, that can be a drive to learn a new language. Sometimes, we don't take the first step on our own since we have not come across the language earlier. But if meet it accidentally on a gaming platform, it might fascinate us and encourage us to learn it.
Exactly, I could remember a friend of mine who learned Spanish because he has an online friend he play games with. He spurred him to learn the language I guess.

Exactly, I could remember a friend of mine who learned Spanish because he has an online friend he play games with. He spurred him to learn the language I guess.
See, he got an opportunity through online acquaintance to know of a new language. And he must have found it appealing to explore more about it and learn it. I never had plans to learn the languages that I know today. I came across friends and neighbours from different backgrounds and learnt them.

It is been awhile since I last played TEKKEN in my cousin's house. I can remember some of the characters speak a different language that I don't understand.

No l have problems in following the game in play in different languages apart the original language that l understand them like the English language.

That was way back. A particular version of Winning Eleven used to come in one language I didn't understand. We used intuition to set the formation. And we still enjoyed the game.

That was way back. A particular version of Winning Eleven used to come in one language I didn't understand. We used intuition to set the formation. And we still enjoyed the game.
Wow! That sounds interesting. It must have been a great experience to use the intuition to set the formation. And playing in the language that you don't understand would have been a different experience al together.

I think early on I used to see video games available in Chinese or similar sort of languages which we cannot understand but I was a kid during that time

I remember it vaguely playing some games with my brothers and cousins during our childhood. Video game parlours were new merging businesses then. The games that we played had Mandarin signs and voices also used that. But then it was no interference with the game playing as it used very little sounds or interactions of any sort. I could never get interested in video games.

Yes I also believe that they used to be in Chinese but since I was a kid at that time, I was not interested in finding out what was written and what exactly was the language

Haha I can imagine. There was a time I spent a lot in downloading a particular game, only for it to be in a foreign language. I had no choice but to just play it like that. I mostly played it through guessing.

Apart from English there is not but I guess it will be very interesting

Playing game in another language was so interesting but it is possible to play but not everything you would understand base on its not your understanding language

I've played many games in different languages. I've owned several video game review publications like myGamer, and companies like Nintendo or Sega often send early versions of their games for preview. Most of these games are coded in Japanese.

Normally some actions game were in the language which I can't even interpret talk less of knowing it but we try to know them for us go get what we want and enjoy it

Chinese and Japanese have always dominated this industry so it's natural to see video games in these languages

Most of the games I played were in English and had no localization. At that time, I still did not know English very well, so it was difficult for me to understand the text and I even used a translator

I have seen games in Japanese and if you play any older or retro games then you'll see japanese or Chinese.

Back