Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you use social media?

sunshine & whiskey

"Always bring your own sunshine."

Reaction score
I definitely use social media a lot more than I did when I was younger but only Twitter, Insta, TikTok, and Snap. Back in the day though, I was a MySpace and Facebook user, as well but as you get older, social media doesn't feel the same, or at least, you me it doesn't.

So, do you use social media? What are some of your favorite apps?

I use Facebook and Instagram. I resigned from Twitter and am boycotting YouTube.

Not as much anymore. Years ago I had MySpace and once it started dying out, I deleted my page. A couple of years ago I joined Instagram, only to follow a baker as she only accepted orders via IG, and immediately my family and a couple of friends sent friend requests so I stuck around but I only check it once a day and don't spend too much time. I mostly follow animal organizations, shelters, sanctuaries, etc... A lot of these social media sites are just too silly for me, people portraying a different version of themselves is not interesting to me. I'm just glad these social media sites were not around when I was in School.

I use Facebook and Instagram. I resigned from Twitter and am boycotting YouTube.
Curious, why are you boycotting them?

Life will not be fun without social media which is the reason why I am making use of all of them. I'm even more on tiktok these days because of the funny videos that you can watch on the social media site to keep your day interesting online.

Yes, I'm regularly on Facebook and Instagram. I have a TikTok account but I don't use the social media site frequently. I registered on Threads but deactivate my account almost immediately.

I only use WhatsApp, YouTube, and Instagram in the name of social media. WhatsApp for chatting with friends and family, YouTube for watching videos of my favorite content creators from all around the work and Instagram to mostly watch reels and stay updated about the upcoming movies or songs of my favorite actors/artists.

The way ads are bombarded on YouTube lately can be very frustrating. It's why I don't use the platform like I used to before.

Social media has been helpful to me in terms of being a channel to market my business. The main thing that I have done is that I ensured that I worked on building a Twitter account to market my business, and it has worked well in terms of bringing more customers to Mt business. I don't go to social media to banter, but to push my business to a bigger audience.

I use X and instagram but I only recently got into social media. I don’t have to constantly try and promote my work for people to see. I might do Wordpress again thinking about it.

There are a lot of competitors for Youtube like Odysee or Daily Motion means even if you boycott youtube you still find content on similar platforms, this means it remains the same watching even on another platform. This is my point of view only.

The way ads are bombarded on YouTube lately can be very frustrating. It's why I don't use the platform like I used to before.
Have you tried Rumble?

Have you tried Rumble?
I also tried rumble, it has a similar concept to youtube and Odysee and includes a reward program, personally, I could recommend it too as an alternative to youtube for example if you do not wish to use it for example.

Thank you for this, Monster. I am currently using FreeTube. Only problem with it is that I cannot comment, like or save to playlist.

I think it was in 2007 when I first signed up with a social site called Hi5. I was active on the site for some time and then gave up. Later I joined Facebook but I started being active on Facebook only in 2013 when I started working online and making money online. Currently, I have accounts on over a dozen social media platforms

I used to be a social media addict. Then I tried staying away from it. It was not easy. All those notifications and emails were very tempting. Once they become a habit, it won't go away either.

I use Instagram a lot, but I never post photos or comments or anything like that because I'm not interested, I just watch funny videos. I also use Instagram to communicate with friends and family

The reason I am boycotting YouTube is because they won't let me use an adblocker.

I do use social media but I will admit, I don't use it as much as I used to and a lot of the reason for that is due to drama and people posting what they want others to see about their life or making out like their life is so perfect.

I have found social media in some cases to be mentally draining and I have found I much prefer to use forums over social media nowadays.

It is high time that someone introduced an alternative to YouTube. Google is more and more profit only these days.

I don't mind that. But they haven't done anything different in the last 5 years. Other than making more money out of existing, killing non-profit projects and similar strategy.

Yes I use social media, though I usually use it mainly for communication, but now I plan on taking things to the next level by using it for my business.

Back