Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Afterlife

That's one question that's been intriguing for human race for generations. We don't know the right answer, but each one has a belief and the faith you follow says that. Scientifically, energy can't be destroyed. It gets transformed. I strongly believe that we are all energies in our soul. We will not cease to exist, maybe we will change our forms.

Energy cannot be destroyed but it can be transferred. When our bodies die the energy in our bodies exits (is transferred) in the form of heat and warms the immediate air around the corpse by a fraction of a fraction of a degree. The same way that a bonfire warms the air but on an infinitesimal scale. This notion that "energy cannot be destroyed" (correct) is used by people clinging to the belief the sky fairies are going to save them from the oblivion of death (incorrect).

I believe in afterlife and also reincarnation too. I have seen videos of people saying what they remembered in their past lives. I think that we will continue to reincarnate until we are done with our purpose in life.

Just to confirm, @Sara - your belief in reincarnation is based solely on some rando saying they were reincarnated?

Just to confirm, @Sara - your belief in reincarnation is based solely on some rando saying they were reincarnated?
My belief was from the books I have read for many years. I did some research about reincarnation and that was the key to the belief and then hearing people say it made me to believe it 100%.

Taking into consideration I am an Orthodox Christian, we believe that we will be resurected by God where we will be judged by our deeds and thoughts. After that, depending on the judgement, we will either enter heaven or hell. Now, it is debatable what hell is. Some represent it as a torture that never ends, some people say that hell is the state of soul when soul is not shined by God's presence (as you are right now, while alive). Who knows what kind of darkness that is.

Back