Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Working out at home or the gym?

Ja sa bong

Veteran

Reaction score
Where do you feel more comfortable whenever you're working out? Do you like it more when you're working out at home or at the gym? I used to like using the gym but after COVID, I feel more comfortable working out at home. I have my own gym at home.

I don’t have any equipment at home so I prefer working out at the gym. Working out at home has never really worked for me either, I can’t motivate myself in my comfort zone.

I use the app on my device to work out on a daily basis. That has been a perfect experience for me. This is just a good way to keep fit with less money spent. Going to the gym will involve spending more resources, and that is what I can't afford at the moment.

I use the app on my device to work out on a daily basis. That has been a perfect experience for me. This is just a good way to keep fit with less money spent. Going to the gym will involve spending more resources, and that is what I can't afford at the moment.
What app do you use?

I don't like gyms cause of the odd atmosphere 😜. However, they are motivating, but a truly serious person can get motivated at home. In fact, dumbbells, alone, are probably all that's needed for most people, disregarding the cardio part of the workout.

Working out at the gym is my best way forward for exercising. I can't do it at home. There will be a lot of distractions which would hinder my progress. I will not be focused doing it at home.

I workout both at home and in the gym. There are days when I wouldn't have the energy to bring myself to the gym and I won't like it miss my workout. I will do the basic one's at home.

I have a problem with being in crowded places. Thus the reason why I don't go to the gym to workout. I would be more comfortable at home doing it every day.

As a regular gym-going guy, I feel most comfortable working out at the gym. The energetic atmosphere, the variety of equipment, and the motivation from others push me to achieve my fitness goals. Plus, it's a dedicated space solely for exercise, which helps me stay focused and dedicated.

I have a problem with being in crowded places. Thus the reason why I don't go to the gym to workout. I would be more comfortable at home doing it every day.

It is important to understand what you enjoy doing when it comes to keeping fit. As you are someone who doesn't like to be in crowded places, training in the gym will always be a difficult thing to do. You won't even feel relaxed doing the drills that you want. So, in your case, training at home is better.

At home because I don't like going out.
If it was not as a result of the pandemic of coronavirus, I would not miss a day in going to the gym for my working out purposes. But after the pandemic of coronavirus struck, the gym where I used to go for my work outs closed down. After the pandemic of coronavirus, they reopened but I couldn't keep up going all the time.

If it was not as a result of the pandemic of coronavirus, I would not miss a day in going to the gym for my working out purposes. But after the pandemic of coronavirus struck, the gym where I used to go for my workouts closed down. After the pandemic of coronavirus, they reopened but I couldn't keep up going all the time.

What made you stop going to the gym all the time? I suggest that you make a timetable of how you train and try as much as you can to always go to the gym centre. That was how I was able to start building up, and it has benefited me a lot now as I am more fit and always rearing to go! If you are inconsistent with going to the gym, it is definitely going to affect your results at the end of the day.

What made you stop going to the gym all the time? I suggest that you make a timetable of how you train and try as much as you can to always go to the gym centre. That was how I was able to start building up, and it has benefited me a lot now as I am more fit and always rearing to go! If you are inconsistent with going to the gym, it is definitely going to affect your results at the end of the day.
The issue was that I was more used to working out at home when the pandemic of coronavirus kicked off. I became so used to working out at home to the extent of when the pandemic of coronavirus was handled, I could not find back my groove of going back to the gym to work out again.

The issue was that I was more used to working out at home when the pandemic of coronavirus kicked off. I became so used to working out at home to the extent of when the pandemic of coronavirus was handled, I could not find back my groove of going back to the gym to work out again.

Do you exercise alone in the gym at home? If yes, that is the reason. You want to have a good time training alone and doing at the gym was helpful for you at home. If you are someone that always craved exercising where others are, getting back to going to the gym outdoor won't have been difficult once the pandemic ended.

Do you exercise alone in the gym at home? If yes, that is the reason. You want to have a good time training alone and doing at the gym was helpful for you at home. If you are someone that always craved exercising where others are, getting back to going to the gym outdoor won't have been difficult once the pandemic ended.
I have never been to the gym for it to be only me in the gym working out. There are always more people of about 6 or 7 people who are always in the gym whenever I come to workout. The gym is a public place to work out, if it's only one person that comes to use the gym, they should better consider closing up.

I have never been to the gym for it to be only me in the gym working out. There are always more people of about 6 or 7 people who are always in the gym whenever I come to workout. The gym is a public place to work out, if it's only one person that comes to use the gym, they should better consider closing up.
In the gym, you have full material that is intended to do the practice in the best way. There is a coach that is following you and a nutritionist to follow your eating diary. In the home you may not have the same space as the gym place or they cost you money to place them add children could harm them.

In the gym, you have full material that is intended to do the practice in the best way. There is a coach that is following you and a nutritionist to follow your eating diary. In the home you may not have the same space as the gym place or they cost you money to place them add children could harm them.
Yes, all those work out tools and equipments are made available in the it's why so many people prefer using the gym to work out because they will get it better for themselves at the gym than doing it all at home by themselves. I know those who have their own mini gym at home where they work out, it's a good way to work out at home too.

Yes, all those work out tools and equipments are made available in the it's why so many people prefer using the gym to work out because they will get it better for themselves at the gym than doing it all at home by themselves. I know those who have their own mini gym at home where they work out, it's a good way to work out at home too.
It could be a suitable idea if you do not have children at home because they want to try every thing. Then the catastrophe is happening either to mini gym equipment or your child. Or even you need to let this thing not accessible by them during your absence.

The same way which an office is locked is the same way gym houses at home are locked after being used. It's like those who have swimming pool at home, do you think they leave it open when they have kids at home? No, they don't because they know how kids can not be aware of danger.

Back