Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Working out at home or the gym?

The same way which an office is locked is the same way gym houses at home are locked after being used. It's like those who have swimming pool at home, do you think they leave it open when they have kids at home? No, they don't because they know how kids can not be aware of danger.

This is true. My kids are not allowed to get close to the gym house after I am done using it. I ensure that it is locked and also for the purpose of their safety, they are not let into the place. I don't think it is advisable to have some gym equipments at home without having a room where you lock them out of reach of the kids.

I have never been to a gym and I also do not work at home. Well, in the past I used to work at home but these days I do not work at home. My favorite way to keeping myself fit and healthy is by walking. I walk at least 3 times a day for 60 minutes per walking session. I usually walk in the evening.

I tried to go to the gym because I thought that there was better equipment and it would be easier for me to get in shape, but I just feel uncomfortable there and it only prevents me from training properly. I bought home dumbbells and a horizontal bar, so it's very nice to train at home

Finding the right flow wherever you are working out is what is more important because that is the only thing that will make it easier for you to be committed to the working out session you are taken up, otherwise you will always be discouraged to start up your workout session any day.

I would prefer to work out at home because I don't need dumbbells or anything like that, just treadmills. But I can't buy it for myself, so I go to the gym, but when the weather is good, I run outside

I have been doing all my workouts from home, I have a few apps I make use of that have helped me a whole lot. Over here registering in the gym is pretty expensive.

I definitely feel more comfortable working out at home or outdoors rather than at a public gym. Having my own space without strangers around makes me less self-conscious. I can blast my favorite music and not worry about grunting or making noises.

I definitely feel more comfortable working out at home or outdoors rather than at a public gym. Having my own space without strangers around makes me less self-conscious. I can blast my favorite music and not worry about grunting or making noises.
Funny enough reverse is the case for me. I like to work out where other people are so that they will serve as motivation for me to continue whenever I feel tired, because trust me I tend to give up a little bit too early when I work out alone.

I am lazy and don't work out anywhere, but I have met with many people who say they like going to the gym instead of working out at home. Because of the environment in the gym, they are unable to do the same at home.

I have a problem with being in crowded places. Thus the reason why I don't go to the gym to workout. I would be more comfortable at home doing it every day.
Oh sorry to hear that, but how do you cope with going to the market or even going out in general?

I have my dumbbell at home. I just take it to the backyard every morning to complete my workout regime. That has really helped me as I work out at my convenience and I don't have to pay expensive gym fees.

I have different things on my exercise regime daily. I will go for trekking, jogging, cycling, swimming etc. I have some weights at home for weight exercises. I do my yoga at home. Sometimes I go to gym for group aerobic dance.

I don't go to the gym. I do a lot of exercise at home by swimming in our swimming pool and diving in the deep sea as a deep sea swimmer.

I don't go to the gym. I do a lot of exercise at home by swimming in our swimming pool and diving in the deep sea as a deep sea swimmer.

You are fortunate that you have sea and swimming pool nearby where you can swim but here we don't have this facility

You are fortunate that you have sea and swimming pool nearby where you can swim but here we don't have this facility
We live near beaches. there are 7 beaches near home almost 4000 to 8000 meters away from home. We also have a private swimming pool at home. It's installed on our roof top facing the sea.

Even though I am not working out much now but I still prefer to do that at home as I am unable to make a separate schedule to gym

Doing it at home is cheaper, to go to the gym, you will have to play for subscription and get a Coach to help you out as well.

Working out at the gym has a lot of advantages than working at home. In the gym, you have every reason and strength to do what others are doing, there isn't time for laziness.

If at home, there might be some days that you won't like to work out and laziness will creep in, procrastinating the days. The only thing that makes working out at home to be easier is consistency.

Doing it at home is cheaper, to go to the gym, you will have to play for subscription and get a Coach to help you out as well.
That is right, one reason why I prefer to do exercises at home in our swimming pool and in the beaches near home.I also do a 20 minute walk in our lawn every afternoon.

That is right, one reason why I prefer to do exercises at home in our swimming pool and in the beaches near home.I also do a 20 minute walk in our lawn every afternoon.
That's really nice. I heard swimming is a very good exercise to do and also very effective.

Back