Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What is your most preferred thing to do in your 'me' time?

I think its better to realize this early in our life before its too late and after a while it becomes even impossible to change that lifestyle

Someone just introduced me to a new skill I can learn and it's kind of related to my current business. I would really love to learn this but I still have two other skills I would like to learn in my me time before entering this one.

Someone just introduced me to a new skill I can learn and it's kind of related to my current business. I would really love to learn this but I still have two other skills I would like to learn in my me time before entering this one.
That's a very good utilisation of your free time. Learning new skills is always good to not only add up to your resume, but also to keep you cognitively active. I hope that you are enjoying it. Do you keep some time for relaxation and rejuvenation?

That's a very good utilisation of your free time. Learning new skills is always good to not only add up to your resume, but also to keep you cognitively active. I hope that you are enjoying it. Do you keep some time for relaxation and rejuvenation?
Oh I always have time for relaxation. Since I mostly use my phone, most times where the battery is low, while charging I just watch a movie or sleep. Then there are still some days I do not work or do anything just to get some rest and watch a few movies.

It's always good to find something that fits in our interests or can help us flourish in life

Oh I always have time for relaxation. Since I mostly use my phone, most times where the battery is low, while charging I just watch a movie or sleep. Then there are still some days I do not work or do anything just to get some rest and watch a few movies.
That's great. When the phone is recharging, you also get rejuvenated and recharged. And it's always good to take a break from everything once in a while and do nothing on few days. That helps us to be more effective later when we come back to work

That's great. When the phone is recharging, you also get rejuvenated and recharged. And it's always good to take a break from everything once in a while and do nothing on few days. That helps us to be more effective later when we come back to work
Exactly, when we over work ourselves, we end up affecting our productivity level. This is what do many people are not aware of. They just over push themselves thinking that's the way to go about it.

Exactly, when we over work ourselves, we end up affecting our productivity level. This is what do many people are not aware of. They just over push themselves thinking that's the way to go about it.
Somehow people fail to understand that working hard is the key to success but not being crazy about it and impacting everything else around it. They push themselves to the verge of getting a nervous breakdown or to have so many health issues including the mental stress.

I need to start doing something productive in my me time as most of the times I am wasting it doing nothing

Sometimes doing nothing is the best way to spend your me time. I think that we get so used to being productive and purposefully engaged that at times doing nothing comes with a sense of guilt. It's necessary to overcome that guilt and not beat ourselves up.

I mostly watch my favorite movies or web series during my me time as we should find ways to relax during our me time

It's very tough for me to watch TV or movies without doing anything. That's why I don't consider it as me time. I will do something along with watching TV like cutting veggies, arranging cupboards or ironing. At times I will finish some school work like making worksheets etc.
While Reading or doing art and craft, I am fully engrossed.

It's very tough for me to watch TV or movies without doing anything. That's why I don't consider it as me time. I will do something along with watching TV like cutting veggies, arranging cupboards or ironing. At times I will finish some school work like making worksheets etc.
While Reading or doing art and craft, I am fully engrossed.
Hehehe I thought I was the only one those this. The only time you will see me watching a movie without doing anything is if í am watching a Chinese or any other foreign language movie where I have to read the subtitles. If it's English, I will definitely be doing something. Like right now, there is an English movie playing while I type this 😂

I would like to go shopping for clothes by myself. Because my husband is always in a hurry, so I can't buy and consider everything I need, so I would like to spend this time only by myself.

Majority of us have different things we do during our free time. For some persons, they prefer reading books and there are those who know would rather watch a movie. What do you do on your spare time?

I play computer games or read a book. Mostly it's games because reading is not so interesting for me, although it is much more useful. I have a book that I have been reading for several months and cannot finish

There was a time I use to read a lot of books, but these days I rarely have enough time. There is a particular book I have been reading for a long time now and haven't been able to finish it due to my busy schedule.

I prefer watching world news or songs on TV in my spare time. But very rarely do I get time to do that. Mostly, I keep myself busy by posting on the forums when I have leisure time and watching TV along with it.

It is my spare time that I come up here to do some forum posting. I am always generally busy for most parts of the day. It is in the evenings that I think I have little spare time before bed. And I come to post here.

It is my spare time that I come up here to do some forum posting. I am always generally busy for most parts of the day. It is in the evenings that I think I have little spare time before bed. And I come to post here.
I can relate to that to some extent. Most times I am usually too tired to even come online to work during my spare time.

Back