Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

How would you like to spend retirement

relcap

Newcomer

Reaction score
In few years from now I will be retiring from my work in the government God willing, due to mandatory age retirement. Right now I have set up a business that can eventually will keep my busy. I was thinking if I can also teach but the thought of checking test papers and dealing with students is holding me back. I hope I can focus on online sites but I am not that tech sawy to earn more.
One good decision however on my part was leaving the big city and decided to live and work in the suburbs away from tremendous traffic and pollution. Can you share something that can keep retirees busy and productive?

Your plan is good and it's the same thing I would do. Once I've retired, I'm leaving city life for those who still have much to do there. I will retire to my rural home and start a bar where oldies like me will come to drink and gist about life.

I will love to relocate to the village where I can enjoy some natural surroundings with less noise and all of that. Staying away from the hustles and rush of life is a good way to spend my retirement period.

I will love to relocate to the village where I can enjoy some natural surroundings with less noise and all of that. Staying away from the hustles and rush of life is a good way to spend my retirement period.
After the whole struggle, I would like to rest away from all the noise to where I would have peace and quiet in the morning. Noise pollution can be harmful.

A lot of retirees enjoy doing volunteer work for non-profits. We have quite a few in my local country area.

My husband and I have been talking about where we want to live when he retires. It's not an easy decision, because you want to keep track of weather, shopping nearby, healthcare access. I quit working 6 years ago and I have tons of hobbies to keep me busy...being on forums is one huge one :)

I've not started thinking about my retirement yet. The only thing I'm working on is saving towards my retirement. If the money is available, I'll figure out how to enjoy my retirement.

I would love to spend my retirement with my family. Work have kept us apart for so long. I'm old and I need to bond with them more than I ever did when I was working.

Traveling the world would be the best way for me to spend my retirement. I'll be open to travelling to so many places I couldn't when I was working. If I have the money to finance doing this, it's how I would like to spend my retirement.

I wouldn't want to be away from my family when I'm spending my retirement. Everything which I've worked for is for my family, it's them I will love to spend my retirement with.

I would like to spend retirement by traveling the world, exploring new cultures, indulging in my hobbies, spending quality time with loved ones, and giving back to the community through volunteer work.

I would like to spend retirement by traveling the world, exploring new cultures, indulging in my hobbies, spending quality time with loved ones, and giving back to the community through volunteer work.
It is something not feasible because in many countries there is what we call a Visa to go inside this country then it depends on your country and the other country is accepting tourists with or without a Visa aggrement to travel to.

Maybe I would go back to my farm house raise cattle and start farming. I come from a farmers' family and farming is rooted in my blood. I have inherited a small farmland from my parents and I would love to go there and live there when I am too old to work in the city or too lonely in the city.

When you have the kind of money which can foot the bills of how you want to spend your retirement in this way, you can be able to do it. This is why why I say money is one of the most important thing you can acquire in your life because it makes life good.

I have very similar ambitions, but this will be very difficult to achieve, so it is still a very distant dream for me. You need to earn a lot of money and also find those people who are ready to share the same moments with you and will feel the same as you

Maybe I would go back to my farm house raise cattle and start farming. I come from a farmers' family and farming is rooted in my blood. I have inherited a small farmland from my parents and I would love to go there and live there when I am too old to work in the city or too lonely in the city.

Doing what makes you happy when you have retired is one of the best way you can enjoy your retirement because at that time, you will no longer have the energy to do so many things that are too difficult which is why finding the right way to retire is always going to be the best thing you would do for yourself in your old age.

When the time comes, I would like to spend my retirement earning passive income from various investments I have made before, playing games and watching movies with my grandchildren and loved ones.

I would like to spend it in an isolated cabin in the woods away from people.

I am already quite close to it, so I have planned it for a long time and I have a clear plan for several years. First of all, I would like to return to my hometown and live there for a few years. And then I would like to try to live in another part of my country

I want to retire and still be running a business that I was not opportuned to do in my youth which is shoe making. It still is a long time before I retire but I have started buying my shoemaking equipment for retirement.

Featured Articles

Back