Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

How To Improve Your Relationship With Your Parents

Its like the culture here and unlike west our parents don't want us to work when we are studying and actually they motivate us to get the higher education and make our career
Yes over here our parents also want us to focus on education, but in most cases they also encourage us to get a job or make money. So most of us just find ways to make money and work at the same time.

Yes over here our parents also want us to focus on education, but in most cases they also encourage us to get a job or make money. So most of us just find ways to make money and work at the same time.
At the time when I was studying there was not even a little pressure on me to work and earn but could be these days parents also want their kids to learn about the money making even when they are studying

At the time when I was studying there was not even a little pressure on me to work and earn but could be these days parents also want their kids to learn about the money making even when they are studying
When I was studying, my parents will always tell me that if there's any opportunity I can you use to make money that I should not hesitate to grab it. So even while studying, I was able to get some things doing to also cater for myself.

Very true, children need to understand that most of their parents actions are because they want the best for their children. No parents will want their children to fail in life.

That's what I was saying. It is rare to see parents who will mean evil for their kids. They want the best for them and will always go that extra mile to show how much they wish their kids to become successful.

That's what I was saying. It is rare to see parents who will mean evil for their kids. They want the best for them and will always go that extra mile to show how much they wish their kids to become successful.
Yes that's true, though such parents exist, but they are usually very rare. Like I have come in contact with one who acts like she is into a competition with her children. She wants everything they have and even better.

My parents are understanding people. Even though they are principled, they also try to see things from my point of view. So I didn't grow up having too many problems with them.

My mum is like my sister, we get along so well that people don't believe she's my mom. She's my gist partner and the first person I run to for advice. I couldn't have gotten a better woman as my mum 💖

Don't make any complaints and don't expect anything. If you do these things, you will be able to mend your relationship with your parents. Be grateful for the things you have received and forget everything you desired but your parents were unable to provide.

Don't make any complaints and don't expect anything. If you do these things, you will be able to mend your relationship with your parents. Be grateful for the things you have received and forget everything you desired but your parents were unable to provide.
Hmmm, at first I do blame them for not being able to provide some of the things that I want. But as I grow older I realized that they actually tried their very best.

When I was studying, my parents will always tell me that if there's any opportunity I can you use to make money that I should not hesitate to grab it. So even while studying, I was able to get some things doing to also cater for myself.

My parents never asked me to earn while I was studying. They always asked me to focus more on to study well as when you study well you will have good job opportunities to make money. I have always followed them and never got distracted.

Improving my relationship with my parents has been a journey of understanding and empathy. I've learned to communicate openly and honestly, actively listening to their perspectives and sharing my own. I've let go of grudges and resentments, and focused on building a foundation of mutual respect and trust. By showing appreciation and gratitude, and making an effort to spend quality time together, we've strengthened our bond and created a more loving and supportive dynamic. It's never too late to nurture and grow our relationships.

Improving your relationship with your parents can be a rewarding and fulfilling journey. Here are some steps you can take to strengthen your bond:
  1. Communicate openly and respectfully: Honest and respectful communication forms the foundation of any healthy relationship. Listen actively to their concerns and feelings, and express your own thoughts calmly.
  2. Show appreciation: Let your parents know you value them. Express gratitude for the things they do for you, whether it’s something small like a meal or something bigger like their support and guidance.

Improving my relationship with my parents has been a journey of understanding and empathy. I've learned to communicate openly and honestly, actively listening to their perspectives and sharing my own. I've let go of grudges and resentments, and focused on building a foundation of mutual respect and trust. By showing appreciation and gratitude, and making an effort to spend quality time together, we've strengthened our bond and created a more loving and supportive dynamic. It's never too late to nurture and grow our relationships.

That’s wonderful to hear! Your efforts to improve communication and build mutual respect with your parents are truly inspiring. It's a great reminder that with empathy and openness, we can always strengthen our relationships and create more supportive connections.

• Set boundaries: As you grow older, it's important to establish healthy boundaries with your parents. Clearly communicate your needs, expectations, and personal space while respecting theirs as well.
  • Be empathetic and understanding: Try to understand your parents' perspectives, even if you disagree with them. Empathy goes a long way in resolving conflicts and strengthening relationships.
  • Resolve conflicts constructively: Conflict is natural in any relationship. When disagreements arise, approach them with patience and a willingness to find a resolution that respects both parties' feelings and needs.

Parental relationships provide opportunities for future practice. Respect, listening, and compromise are all necessary components of successful relationships. Learning how to do this now will give you an advantage later on.

Parental relationships provide opportunities for future practice. Respect, listening, and compromise are all necessary components of successful relationships. Learning how to do this now will give you an advantage later on.
Very true, it's how we deal or relate with our parents that would determine how we handle our children in the future.

Very true, it's how we deal or relate with our parents that would determine how we handle our children in the future.
This is why it is important to not be on bad terms with our parents, because one day we will become parents too. We wouldn't want our own children to be at loggerhead with us.

When it comes to dealing with our parents, one have to be very patient with them. Most of the things they expect us to do is no longer what should be done again, but we have to use patience to help them understand that we have a better way of doing those things. After all, we are not kids anymore we are their adult children so we know the choices we can make for better lives.
Yeah! That true communication is actually the key in a good relationship so dealing with them patiently will you and them to understand yourselves much better.

Absolutely, patience is key when it comes to dealing with our parents. It's important to respectfully help them understand that times have changed and there might be better ways to do things now. As adults, it's essential to balance honoring their experiences while also asserting our own informed decisions for a better life.
Very true words! As much as we would like to do things our own way, we should also give consideration to their opinions as well. They are after our best interest after all.

By obeying the rules and regulations they lay down and by helping them with their needs

This is why it is important to not be on bad terms with our parents, because one day we will become parents too. We wouldn't want our own children to be at loggerhead with us.
Yes like the popular saying goes, you real what you sow.

Featured Articles

Back