Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you ever been a victim of online scam?

It was in the year 2022 and I was online chatting my old friends. I didn't know how it happened but I thought I was talking to one of my friends not knowing it was a scammer that was using his account. That's how he laid off me my hard earned money.
My mistake was not calling him first to confirm before sending that money to him.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had experiences with online scams, especially when you were exploring ways to earn money online. It's unfortunately common for newcomers to face such challenges, given the prevalence of deceptive schemes on the internet. Have you found ways to better identify and avoid scams since then?
Yes that's true, it's pretty common with new comers. I have found a few ways. Any opportunity I come across that promises to give returns that are extremely high in a very short period of time or returns way higher than what you are investing in just like that, they usually turn out to be scam.

I was scammed multiple times because I have the habit to trust people so early that they plan to scam

I was scammed multiple times because I have the habit to trust people so early that they plan to scam
I had a little bit of this issue back then but right now before making any decisions that requires me spending money I tend investigate it and think about it carefully before making any decisions.

It's always important to be cautious when dealing with any sort of financial scheme that promises big returns. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Ponzi site as a cautionary tale for others. I haven't been scammed myself, but I can definitely understand the frustration and disappointment that comes with it. It's always important to do thorough research and be skeptical of any promises that seem too good to be true. 💸🤨
Yes that's true, most times we tend to fall for these scams simply because we get carried away easily by these deals. We know they are too good to be true but we still rush into them.

It's not our fault mostly, those people just know how to exploit other people. But the good thing is, the more we know about these things, the harder it'll be for us to fall for it next time.
Yes they use the right words that they know we can't resist. With my past experiences, I can't easily fall for these offers any longer.

Ohh yes the experience was brutal I deposited my last kobo on a crypto website not knowing it was fake until today I don't trust crypto

Whereas I am opposite , I don't trust people so easily and it takes time for mento join websites. I prefer to join websites when I see the evidence of the payment received, is shared by someone.

It's not our fault mostly, those people just know how to exploit other people. But the good thing is, the more we know about these things, the harder it'll be for us to fall for it next time.
Experience ,they say, is the best teacher. Anybody that has fallen for online scam before will thread carefully before undertaking any other online projects.

Experience ,they say, is the best teacher. Anybody that has fallen for online scam before will thread carefully before undertaking any other online projects.

After being scammed twice or thrice I usually don't join the sites as recommended by someone but ask for the payment proof and ensure that the site is genuine and pays to the members

I did invited unnecessary trouble by allowing others to scam me by helping them with crypto loan

I experienced scams many times. It's frustrating and devastating. My money is not a stone but the scammers never feel the pain. I ordered pairs of shoes but the parcel that were delivered to me contained plastic bottles.

I have to stop trusting people online even if I know them from some time, its hard to trust anyone online

I experienced scams many times. It's frustrating and devastating. My money is not a stone but the scammers never feel the pain. I ordered pairs of shoes but the parcel that were delivered to me contained plastic bottles.

Oh , sad to know it. So did you get your money back? Did you complain about it to the company?

I did invited unnecessary trouble by allowing others to scam me by helping them with crypto loan
Oh wow, crypto loan is dangerous because it can be hard to trace. But you said you invited the trouble, did you offer them the loan yourself?

The only time I have ever been scammed online was when I registered on a Ponzi site and deposited money, hoping to withdraw time 5 on the next 5 days.
But before the 5 days reached, my account was deleted. It was simply nowhere to be found! That's when it dawned on me that I have just experienced my first online scam!
You need to buy license of hyip lister and list these sites for a fee so that you are risk free, the only investment you are doing is that you are paying money for advertise your site and hyip comes and list. Start even with listing with fees that are neglectable then increase amount gradually instead of complain there, try to build money from these system by this manner.

Oh wow, crypto loan is dangerous because it can be hard to trace. But you said you invited the trouble, did you offer them the loan yourself?
It was a bad option and I should not have allowed them to take advantage of a crypto loan

Featured Articles

Back