Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you ever been a victim of online scam?

When I first started working online I was scammed a few times. But after some time I understood scammers tactics and it can never happen again.

That's important, one should be able to understand the tactics of scammers and should allowed them to happen again in the future.

Yes but we should still be careful because these scammers are constantly introducing new ways to scam others.

It's hard to find out them. Few months back SCF was paying well. But then suddenly it stopped which made me think it to be scam.

Most times because a platform stops paying does not really mean it's a scam though. There are times where several factors might be the reasons as to why this is happening.

Most times because a platform stops paying does not really mean it's a scam though. There are times where several factors might be the reasons as to why this is happening.
Factors like what? The fact that they started off promising that they will pay but later ended up not paying is considered a scam. They could have come up with some solutions, just to show that they are trustworthy.

Factors like what? The fact that they started off promising that they will pay but later ended up not paying is considered a scam. They could have come up with some solutions, just to show that they are trustworthy.

The major factor may be that they didn't calculate how much profit they would be able to make if they decided on some rates for the post, which is so important for a site to operate well. There may be some other factors too, on which it depends.

It has happened a multiple times now and it was also because of my habit of trusting new users and at times even the oldies who I was aware of scammed me

The major factor may be that they didn't calculate how much profit they would be able to make if they decided on some rates for the post, which is so important for a site to operate well. There may be some other factors too, on which it depends.
Okay, so they just started paying amount that are on the high side, so along the line the site could not keep up with the payment.

Okay, so they just started paying amount that are on the high side, so along the line the site could not keep up with the payment.

Absolutely, that's the reason why many of the sites close after few months as no one can afford to pay people from his/her pocket.

I'm the same as everyone else, so I also lost money due to my own naivety. I really believed then that by investing a few dollars I would be able to earn a lot. However, I was still very young then, and this will not happen to me now

I'm the same as everyone else, so I also lost money due to my own naivety. I really believed then that by investing a few dollars I would be able to earn a lot. However, I was still very young then, and this will not happen to me now

I have always avoided paying a site to earn money. I don't trust sites when it comes to pay.

Oh this brings back old memories of when I got scammed on a cryptocurrency site. I was promised huge return of investment and it looked tempting. I invested and boom! The site crashed and my money vanished

Oh this brings back old memories of when I got scammed on a cryptocurrency site. I was promised huge return of investment and it looked tempting. I invested and boom! The site crashed and my money vanished

Now do you invest in crypto currencies? I have never invested in it because of the risks involved.

How much money you lost?

In all honesty, this desire to invest into cryptocurrency site so as to earn more stems from our own greediness. We look at the mouth watering profits and we thought it would be good to be a part of it.

I'm not sure if it's considered a "scam", but someone paid $200+ upfront for me to do some coding work for them and then committed to a PayPal chargeback, so the money I earned from them went out the window. I've accepted only a few PayPal payments ever since.

In all honesty, this desire to invest into cryptocurrency site so as to earn more stems from our own greediness. We look at the mouth watering profits and we thought it would be good to be a part of it.

Do you invest in crypto currencies? I never invest in it due to the risk.

The only time I have ever been scammed online was when I registered on a Ponzi site and deposited money, hoping to withdraw time 5 on the next 5 days.
But before the 5 days reached, my account was deleted. It was simply nowhere to be found! That's when it dawned on me that I have just experienced my first online scam!
That would be the first and last time I experienced such. Once bitten, twice shy.

Have you been scammed online? Share your experience.
I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that experience. It's a hard lesson, but it sounds like it made you more cautious. Once bitten, twice shy, indeed.

Featured Articles

Back