Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Contest will be announced within the next day or so! Stay tuned!

Do you still lend money to anyone?

As much as I don't mind lending money if I can, it is not something I do as much as I used to due to being burned many times now. The last time I lent someone any money was my brother and I never got it back, due to that, I now don't lend money to him anymore as I know he will do it again.

I have stopped lending money to anyone. I have discovered that whenever I lend money to a friend, the issue of repayment will make both of us stop being friends.

So, for that reason, I decided to stop lending money to anyone so as to have my peace of mind.
It's true because it works the same for me, and I don't understand why friends with whom I've been friends for more than 5 years are ready to sacrifice their friendship for the sake of not paying me back 100 dollars? It's definitely not worth it, but it's good when such people leave your life

I don't even have enough money to take care of all my needs. As a result of this, I don't have any money left to lend to any other person.

I used to lend money to my family and friends who are very close to me whenever they have money problems. As long as I have the money to lend them, I'll give it out. Unfortunately, most of them haven't been forthcoming with paying it back when they're meant to and this have been a very serious problem. As a result of this, I've stopped lending money to anyone.

Do you still lend money to your family and friends?
I lend money to my friends and families because I'm sure they will pay back , since I trusted them a lot. However, I'm selective about the kind of friend I lrmd money to so as not to cause issue when repaying .

Yes I still do but if you're considering lending money to someone, it's important to approach the decision with caution and careful consideration. Before lending money to anyone, it's essential to assess the individual's financial situation, their track record of repayment, and the purpose for which they need the funds.

No I have stopped lending money because I never get the money back and they stop even picking up my call evev if I don't ask for money

Now I stopped lending, unless that is very trusted person. I still have to get back some money from someone, if not by first week of next month, then I will have to forget it.

I only lend money to my family mostly, rarely lend money to friends because I won't see it back, unless I muscle them for it.

I don't see anything wrong with lending money to people as long as you have the belief that they are going to pay you back as at when agreed. The issue always comes up when people that borrowed money from you fail to pay back as agreed and I believe that has become the reason most people don't like lending money to others.

I don't lend money but if someone asks for help and I know they are good and will return then I don't mind helping

I don't enjoy lending money to anyone nowadays because they are few people that you can trust when you lend money to them. I just give people what I feel that I can lose even when they end up not paying back.

I don't have surplus money to end to other people. If I had surplus money I would certainly help my close frinds and family by lending money when they need. By the way, I frequenky borrow from my friends and famio ane also pay back on time

I don't see anything wrong with lending money to anyone as long as we have a common ground and understanding.

I have always said that it is important to be in good terms with anyone before you can go ahead to lend money to them.

I lend money to my friends and families because I'm sure they will pay back , since I trusted them a lot. However, I'm selective about the kind of friend I lrmd money to so as not to cause issue when repaying .
You will need to be very careful with friends because even the most loyal can sacrifice friendship in order not to return the money. I have had such cases

While I aim to be generous with loved ones, I've become more cautious about lending money after some past fallouts. Money can easily complicate relationships, even with the best of intentions. These days, I prefer to gift reasonable amounts when I can, without expectations of repayment. For larger sums, I politely decline requests to lend unless it's for a true emergency.

Experience has taught me to always be careful when how I lend my money out to people, however close they might be to me. I have learned that I should not lend out money that I cannot afford to lose, so that if the don't pay back, I can move on without feeling the impact too much.

I don't lend a lot of money to friends just because I don't have a lot of it, and when they ask me for money, they want a large amount and I don't have that much. I would not be against borrowing money, but only with a contract

I no longer lend money to anyone as doing so has previously put me in financial loss. Many of my friends did not return the money, and even the ones who did , had to be followed. I felt really embarrassed having to do it

I am on disability so I don't have any money to lend out. And if I had money I wouldn't lend it out because that way I wouldn't be mad if someone didn't pay me back.

I am on disability so I don't have any money to lend out. And if I had money I wouldn't lend it out because that way I wouldn't be mad if someone didn't pay me back.

That's one of the major reasons why people don't lend money. It's sad people are so polite when they borrow money and the attitude of the same people changes once you start asking your own money from them.

Featured Articles

Back