Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you still lend money to anyone?

As long as I can trust the person and as long as I have extra money, I do bot have any problems in lending money. I do not mistrust anyone until they have given me a reason to do so. I always believe less fortunate people should be always helped.

That's one of the major reasons why people don't lend money. It's sad people are so polite when they borrow money and the attitude of the same people changes once you start asking your own money from them.
It is that change in attitude that is annoying for me. I mean, who could have thought that someone acting so innocent when asking for help will turn rogue when he's supposed to pay back?

I have started to say No and make some excuses because mostly I don't get the money back or they stop picking up my calls so it's better to say No in the beginning

That's the usual explanation for why people dislike lending money, especially to those who are close. I've lost money a lot and have now made the decision to stop lending money to people. I have to come up with excuses like I need to buy a property, I don't have money, etc.

A few years back a friend of mine came over to try and borrow $30 from me. I told him that I don't lend money out but that he could work for it. I put him on my roof and got him to tar the gaps on the steel sheeting, it took him 1.5 hours. He has not tried to borrow money from me since.

I have started to say No and make some excuses because mostly I don't get the money back or they stop picking up my calls so it's better to say No in the beginning
That is one bad attitude that people have. When they come to you to borrow money, they display all kinds of humility and meekness. But when it comes to them paying back that's when you see the real monster in them.

Featured Articles

Back