Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The June Summer Solstice Showdown contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

June Summer Solstice Showdown [RULE UPDATE AS OF 24/06/2024]

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
Halfway through the year already, crazy! Happy June to all at Discussion Hub!

With June comes a new contest for the month and this one is called June Summer Solstice Showdown

This will be a referral contest and a posting contest again, and you can win a share of $100!

This contest runs until 30th June 2024 at 11.59 pm BST (London Time)

Rules! ‼️

1. A counted participation of 40 words or more must not be spam. If the reply requires less than 40 words do not attempt to resay the same thing to fulfill the 40-word requirement.
  2. Posts should be on topic and posted in the correct forums, we understand that mistakes can happen and if you do happen to post a thread in the wrong forum, please report it and we can move it for you.
  3. Threads and replies should be your own content and not directly copied and pasted from another site to Discussion Hub to increase your post count. This is plagiarism and your posts will be removed, persistent offences will disqualify you from the contests.
  4. Winners will be responsible for any fees incurred when sending the payments. Any fees that are deducted are out of our hands. Shortie uses Coinbase to purchase any crypto to be sent and in some cases, does receive a coinbase fee and a network fee, this is something Shortie can not avoid and the final amount sent and received is subject to fees taken.
  5. Your post count will no longer increase in the forum games section, the celebrations forum or the introduction section

Referral Contest ‼️
The first content is a referral contest in which you invite your friends to Discussion Hub using the referral link you can find here you can also see the link to this page on the navigation page above the forums.

Referral Contest Rules ‼️

Refer your friends for a chance to win your share of $50! The top 4 referrers who also complete the posting tasks will win! You can find your referral code at the link here or in the sidebar on the main forum home page.

FOR THE REFERRAL CONTEST, WE HAVE INSTALLED AN ADVANCED DUPLICATE ACCOUNT SYSTEM TO KEEP THINGS FAIR FOR ALL, WE WILL BE KEEPING AN EYE ON THIS AND TWEAKING AS WE GO AND ALL ACCOUNTS WILL BE CHECKED! IF ANYONE IS FOUND TO BE CREATING DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS TO WIN THE REFERRAL CONTEST, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THIS CONTEST AND ALL FUTURE CONTESTS GOING FORWARD!

TO ADD TO THIS, IF WE FIND OUT THAT A MEMBER HAS BEEN PAYING PEOPLE THEY REFER TO POST ON THE FORUM TO HELP THEM WIN THE CONTEST, BOTH YOU AND THE PERSON YOU REFER WILL BE BANNED! THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! PLEASE REFER PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST!

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU REFER A MEMBER AND THEY MAKE SPAMMY OR NONSENCIAL POSTS AND CONTENT OR CONTENT THAT IS COPIED AND PASTED AND CLASSED AS PLAGIARISM TO REACH THE POST COUNT NEEDED, THAT ENTRY WILL BE REMOVED FROM YOUR REFERALL NUMBER. PERSISTENT OFFENCES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM ALL FUTURE CONTESTS!

Referral Contest Prizes are as follows

1st place - $20
2nd - $15
3rd - $10
4th - $5

• 1. Refer a friend and they sign up
  • 2. You and the friend you referred must have made at least 10 posts between 1st June 2024 and 1st July 2024!
All referrals will be counted up and all accounts will be checked to ensure 10 posts were made between the two before the announcement is made for the winners.

Please note you will need to make 10 posts around Discussion Hub before your referral link will show to you :)

Top Posters of the Month Contest‼️

The contest this month will be based on the top 4 posters of the month by 31st June 2024 at 11.59 pm BST (London Time)

Top Posters of the Month Contest Prizes are as follows

1st - $20
2nd - $15
3rd - $10
4th - $5

Any posts that have been made before this announcement will count towards the final total at the end of the contest!

Good luck to all! :)

Last edited:
Another month, another contest! Wish everyone who intend to participate a good luck.

Good luck to everyone.

I am glad that the rules have been made clear. Good luck everyone.

Please, when other users report those spammy posts, the admins should take it serious. Users should go ahead and report any user found to be spamming the forum.

@Shortie please change the dates in the post

"You and the friend you referred must have made at least 10 posts between 2nd March 2024 and 2nd April 2024!"

Wow!! That sounds interesting. I have never been good with referrals. But I can try my luck at being in the posting contest. Just hoping for it to be fruitful.

Yeah, I will resurrect and make a final blow. I was too busy at work and something else prevented me from being active here. I hope to win this month. lol.

I am sure that such monthly contests are a good way to keep users interested and more engaged here. Everyone would give their best to earn..and that's going to bring a lot of activities to the site.

Wow!! That sounds interesting. I have never been good with referrals. But I can try my luck at being in the posting contest. Just hoping for it to be fruitful.
Good luck to you!

I am sure that such monthly contests are a good way to keep users interested and more engaged here. Everyone would give their best to earn..and that's going to bring a lot of activities to the site.

I don't agree with it. It's better to pay per post because the users who post and don't get to the top don't get paid anything for their hard work, and many of the users get discouraged because of it and stop posting here.

@Teegold . Thank you. i wish you the same.
@Sanjeev. I totally agree there with you. It can be discouraging. That's why many non paying forums don't get enough users. But those who are here know it well that it's a non paying forum. They still come here. And they would be more active for such contests. I will always prefer a paid to post forums over non paying forums.

I am here because I know I may be able to get at least in the top 4 and will ensure $5 from here, which is what I get on other forums where they pay per post. It's fine, even if I win $5 here. I am trying to make referrals too, but whoever I ask to join this, he or she says he or she is already on this site.

I am here because I know I may be able to get at least in the top 4 and will ensure $5 from here, which is what I get on other forums where they pay per post. It's fine, even if I win $5 here. I am trying to make referrals too, but whoever I ask to join this, he or she says he or she is already on this site.
Truly the rewards makes this site more interactive, but it supercedes that for me. This forum is a great substitute for social media because one can learn a lot while interacting with various individuals here. One get to earn too, so it is like killing 2 birds with one stone.

Truly the rewards makes this site more interactive, but it supercedes that for me. This forum is a great substitute for social media because one can learn a lot while interacting with various individuals here. One get to earn too, so it is like killing 2 birds with one stone.

Exactly, I have trying to spend more time here than on any other forum. But still I see not many of the users are active here.

I totally agree with the above responses. These rewards might be the motivation for most to be here and participate actively. It's human nature to look for some incentives for their time and effort. And there is nothing wrong in that. We need motivations to move on.

I don't agree with it. It's better to pay per post because the users who post and don't get to the top don't get paid anything for their hard work, and many of the users get discouraged because of it and stop posting here.
I don't win for several contest due to my offline work time schedule so I cannot be present but try my best to win this contest, I don't win several contests, it is up to @Shortie and @Stan to decide to do this or not.

Featured Articles

Back