Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The June Summer Solstice Showdown contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

June Summer Solstice Showdown [RULE UPDATE AS OF 24/06/2024]

Maybe they find you the suitable person to take this course. Sometimes the bosses prefer the good candidates for trainings and other enrichment courses.
Thank you. Yes, and even I feel that I am suitable for this. It's just that I have so much to take care of as such. But anyways, it's going great and I come back feeling happy with the response of the participants. It's the last day of the training tomorrow. One job very well accomplished!

Glad to know it. Maybe you will get more time to spend on the sites now.

RULE UPDATE!

Seems we are having to make more changes to the rules as we go ahead. So far, this contest has gone really well and we are pleased with the success this month but we are noticing again that referrers are coming in, posting spam content and hoping to either join the contest or win, this is not fair and will not be tolerated.

It has been brought to our attention that some members are paying referrers to post on the forum to help them win the contest, this is not fair and not right. This is causing an increase in spam and low-quality content that we do not want on Discussion Hub!

The new rule added is below, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you all for your continued support!

TO ADD TO THIS, IF WE FIND OUT THAT A MEMBER HAS BEEN PAYING PEOPLE THEY REFER TO POST ON THE FORUM TO HELP THEM WIN THE CONTEST, BOTH YOU AND THE PERSON YOU REFER WILL BE BANNED! THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! PLEASE REFER PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST!

Thanks for the update. It was required to keep the site clean from the spammers.

Thanks for the update. It was required to keep the site clean from the spammers.
Then a person may not win because he has money and the other doesn't have money to win that makes chances equal in referring contest. For availibility time to posting contest win depends on offline commitments.

Rewarding members to join through your referral link is a common practice. You can see this on the marketplace section of multiple forums. If you create a rule, that's very good at least it will be fair for other users. Since a lot of people use social media sites to promote their links, you never know who joins through your link. One of the best ways to deal with this is by keeping requirements higher, for instance, instead of 10 posts, you can set it to 25 posts.

Making it 25 or 50 won't going to help, it's better to stop the referral contest and double the posting contest reward or at least allow up to 10 users to win some reward so that every user who is posting on the website can expect to earn something even if its $5 if they reach the 10st spot.

1) $20
2) $18
3) $16
4) $14
5) $12
6) $10
7) $8
8) $6
9) $4
10) $2

The total amount admin needs to pay is $110 and with this 10 members can participate and win the posting contest so everyone will have something to earn from their posts and this will push users to post quality content and win and in the process, you can introduce referral rewards extra to the users instead of the referral contest

@Shortie @Stan

Making it 25 or 50 won't going to help, it's better to stop the referral contest and double the posting contest reward or at least allow up to 10 users to win some reward so that every user who is posting on the website can expect to earn something even if its $5 if they reach the 10st spot.

1) $20
2) $18
3) $16
4) $14
5) $12
6) $10
7) $8
8) $6
9) $4
10) $2

The total amount admin needs to pay is $110 and with this 10 members can participate and win the posting contest so everyone will have something to earn from their posts and this will push users to post quality content and win and in the process, you can introduce referral rewards extra to the users instead of the referral contest

@Shortie @Stan
You are right about the referral contest, I have practically ran out of people to even introduce my referral link to. 😂

1) $20
2) $18
3) $16
4) $14
5) $12
6) $10
7) $8
8) $6
9) $4
10) $2

@Shortie @Stan

I agree with it. Most of the users don't post here when they see they won't be able to win a contest.

1) $20
2) $18
3) $16
4) $14
5) $12
6) $10
7) $8
8) $6
9) $4
10) $2

@Shortie @Stan
From your table I will earn 10 $ next month, but this month it will be 0 $ as usual for consecutive months as I am on 6th position. This is if Shortie or Stan accept the changes. However they need referrals as well as members because site needs new comers. May be you face new faces next couple of week and you invite them.

This is the problem I have seen on the sites when they have a referral contests. There is lots of spamming. I personally have seen people inviting members and paying them just to get referrals. That's not good for the development of the site.

This is the problem I have seen on the sites when they have a referral contests. There is lots of spamming. I personally have seen people inviting members and paying them just to get referrals. That's not good for the development of the site.
What do you expect from someone just enter to get a reward? Even if you hire paid posters from paid to join sites it will be the same thing pratically as these people want to finish work fast and submit the job, like for example if you promote discussion hub on timewall io (may be some users do this practice in the future) and pay 1 $ for complete 10 posts then it will be nice wow good or small words to reach post count. It will be same paying them a forum currency to complete 10 posts. Nowadays people doesn't focus on quality but the reward.

What do you expect from someone just enter to get a reward? Even if you hire paid posters from paid to join sites it will be the same thing pratically as these people want to finish work fast and submit the job, like for example if you promote discussion hub on timewall io (may be some users do this practice in the future) and pay 1 $ for complete 10 posts then it will be nice wow good or small words to reach post count. It will be same paying them a forum currency to complete 10 posts. Nowadays people doesn't focus on quality but the reward.

You are right..that's why I have been insisting on to stop the referral contests. I see people have 50 referrals as of now here but I hardly see them active here or participating here. One way is to give some points in royalty if a referral posts (per post) here.

You are right..that's why I have been insisting on to stop the referral contests. I see people have 50 referrals as of now here but I hardly see them active here or participating here. One way is to give some points in royalty if a referral posts (per post) here.
Like for example I think if your referral post post 1 post per 3 posts is that it is counted one participation on referral posting contest if you don't understand me, means that are rewards:
First - 20 $
Second - 15 $
Third - 10 $
Fourth - 5 $
If you post 1 post or your refferal posts 3 posts that means like you post 2 posts.
Therefore the share reward among first 3 participants share 20 $. Second three participants share 15 $. Third three participants share 10 $. Fourth three participants share 5 $.
First three participants:
eLdavis: 655 posts
Teegold: 610 posts
Sanjeev: 520 posts
Reward per post: 20 $ / (655+610+520)
If for example Teegold has 3 referrals that have posted 150 replies on this month Teegold will be counted as having 610 posts + 150/3=50 posts on calculation below if @Shortie @Stan accepts this approach for next month contest because this one is ended soon.

Taking note of everyone's feedback so far and we thank you for your input!

Me and Stan will be discussing everything before the next contest and hope to be able to bring something better for more to participate in throughout the month! :)

Like for example I think if your referral post post 1 post per 3 posts is that it is counted one participation on referral posting contest if you don't understand me, means that are rewards:
First - 20 $
Second - 15 $
Third - 10 $
Fourth - 5 $
If you post 1 post or your refferal posts 3 posts that means like you post 2 posts.
Therefore the share reward among first 3 participants share 20 $. Second three participants share 15 $. Third three participants share 10 $. Fourth three participants share 5 $.
First three participants:
eLdavis: 655 posts
Teegold: 610 posts
Sanjeev: 520 posts
Reward per post: 20 $ / (655+610+520)
If for example Teegold has 3 referrals that have posted 150 replies on this month Teegold will be counted as having 610 posts + 150/3=50 posts on calculation below if @Shortie @Stan accepts this approach for next month contest because this one is ended soon.
This will actually be a nice adaptation. It will ensure that referrals are not here just to complete the minimum post counts and then vanish.

From your table I will earn 10 $ next month, but this month it will be 0 $ as usual for consecutive months as I am on 6th position. This is if Shortie or Stan accept the changes. However they need referrals as well as members because site needs new comers. May be you face new faces next couple of week and you invite them.
As I already added there that the website can offer attractive referral rewards to the member who referred a user which can then be checked and verified by the admin as being authentic and this way we will have quality posters on the website rather than users completing 10 posts and running away

Featured Articles

Back