Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

DH Contests July Jamboree Posting and Referral Contest!

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
It's that time of the month again! A new month brings a new contest and this time we are changing things up a little after seeing the feedback regarding previous contests.

JULY JAMBOREE POSTING AND REFERRAL CONTEST DETAILS
This month we will be basing the winners on top posters of the month and referrals but we will be doing this a little differently this time

July Jamboree Contest Rules!

The winners of this contest will be based on your post count on the 31st of July 2024 and any referrals that become eligible will also be added to your post count at the end of the month.

Referrals will be added as two posts to your final post count on July 31st 2024 as long as they have 10 posts that are of good quality and not spammed to gain the post count!

For example, if you have 300 posts by 31st July 2024 and you have 10 referred members with 10 posts and they are not spam posts to gain the post count, that will be 300 + 20 = 320 will be your final post count.

July Jamboree Prizes!

Due to the changes made, we have more spaces for prizes which means more of you can now win in this contest! The prizes are as follows

1) $20
2) $18
3) $16
4) $15
5) $14
6) $12
7) $10
8) $5

With that being said, the July Jamboree contest is underway! Good luck to all and remember, low-quality and spam posts will be removed and persistent offences could lead you with a ban.

Have fun!

Great contest idea. I think giving more prizes to participants will bring more activities on the forum

Glad you accepted my suggestion, it makes sense and is a sensible move and will motivate almost every user to post and expect something at the end of the month

I think it's a good move because maximum people should get the benefits of they are spending their precious time here on the site.

Happy to see a new contest and it accomodates so many winners. I am sure that everyone would be happy about this new contest. Wishing everyone all the luck. Let's keep posting and referring more people here.

For example, if you have 300 posts by 31st July 2024 and you have 10 referred members with 10 posts and they are not spam posts to gain the post count, that will be 300 + 20 = 320 will be your final post count.
I think 2 posts per 10 posts should be ok. Means if your referral make 20 posts that is 4 posts count and this is to bring active referrals to community not post 10 posts and go away. While my suggestion was 3 posts per 10 posts it is not problem. It is cumulative each month. That means new referrals will give you 3 posts per 10 participations while old participants (referred in previous month) 2 posts per 10 posts. It is just a suggestion.

I am very bad on bringing referrals. So, I guess that I might not stay in the competition. Lol! I know that there are few people who are so good with this referral thing. I might have to work more on my posting. Well, that's the only thing in my control.

I respectfully wish to refrain from all contests and 'Member Of The Month' nominations.
Why so? Is there some reason behind that? Most people enjoy being in the contest. Anyways, it is your decision and I respect that.

I'm just not interested in contests. As for Member of the Month, it conflicts with my egalitarian beliefs.

I'm just not interested in contests. As for Member of the Month, it conflicts with my egalitarian beliefs.
Oh! I see. Thank you for the clarification. It's interesting to know too. Enjoy your time here. I feel more motivated if I see some incentives to be earned

I think the new formats for the contest would boost activity rather than bring it a host of sign ups that don't even care if the forum exists or not.

Assuming a poster will be able to post 300 but no referral , what would be the fate of that poster or member? Will his or her posts be thank you?

Featured Articles

Back