Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

How to cultivate a positive mindset and overcome negative thinking patterns

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
What do you do to cultivate a positive mindset and overcome negative thinking patterns? As far as I am concerned, I challenge negative thoughts by reframing them in a more realistic and positive light. I also practice gratitude by keeping a daily gratitude journal or expressing appreciation for the good things in my life. I surround yourself with positive influences and affirmations to reinforce a positive mindset over time.

From my experience, I know that it is what you feed your mind that it is always going to be constantly thinking about which is the reason why I try as much as possible to eliminate any kind of negative thoughts from my mind so that it doesn't cloud most of the things I think of to effect how I am supposed to work in a day.

These days it's becoming pretty common for people to have negative mindsets, especially with how things are hard right now. One way I use in cultivating a positive mindset is by simply staying around does who make me happy.

To cultivate a positive mindset, I practice gratitude by reflecting on things I'm thankful for each day. I also reframe negative self-talk by consciously replacing critical inner voices with more constructive thoughts. Surrounding myself with positive people and media helps too.

If you are having difficulties in your life, it is really difficult to cultivate positive mindset. Let's say you are having issues in your relationship, you are experiencing financial problems, would you still be able to cultivate positive mind set? Something good needs to happen in your life to develop positive thoughts and feelings.

People just need to be grateful for life. It would help them to cultivate a positive mindset. When people are generally bitter and pressured to be some other person who is better than them, then it is catastrophic.

What I usually do to push away negative thoughts in my life is to focus on the good and the positive things so far. The very fact that I wake up every morning and I'm able to eat three square meals a day are positive things that I can reflect on.

Featured Articles

Back