Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

How many computers do you have in your family and how many do you have personally?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa
Reaction score

In my childhood, I had only one computer for the whole family, but that was enough, and now that we have a little more money, my parents have a computer, as well as each of my brothers and sisters. I once had both a laptop and a computer, but now I only have a laptop and sold the computer?

I personally have one laptop that I use to work online. My brother and my sister have a laptop of their own. So in total, we have three computers in the house. But the rule is that everyone should stick to using only his own laptop.

I personally have one laptop that I use to work online. My brother and my sister have a laptop of their own. So in total, we have three computers in the house. But the rule is that everyone should stick to using only his own laptop.
I have a similar situation, but we allow everyone to use another computer if there is permission for it, because I have Windows and my sister has a Mac, and sometimes she needs to find a job that is only available on Windows, so I cannot refuse her

One per person. Yep, there was a time when there one PC for the whole family.

I get one from work and others got their own. For personal use, I have a desktop.

One per person. Yep, there was a time when there one PC for the whole family.

I get one from work and others got their own. For personal use, I have a desktop.
There was a time when we had only one for the whole family because it was our first computer. My parents didn't know how to use it so it was only for my brothers and sisters and sometimes for me because I'm one of the youngest at that time it was the least seen of me. It was difficult to try to learn something because there really wasn't enough time

There’s three desktop computers in my family. My mom has a mac desktop and two of my youngest brothers have regular desktop computers. I’m currently saving up for a laptop, so I don’t have my own atm.

There’s three desktop computers in my family. My mom has a mac desktop and two of my youngest brothers have regular desktop computers. I’m currently saving up for a laptop, so I don’t have my own atm.
What kind of computer do you use then? Because, as I see, it is not very often that brothers allow us to use their own computers. Do yours let you or do you only use the phone?

During my childhood, we had only one personal computer at home that all members of the family had to share for various purposes. Eventually, when my dad's financial condition improved, he decided to buy some laptops for my sister and me to use for our education. However, after graduating from college, we realized that our laptops had become outdated and it was time to upgrade. Therefore, we decided to sell them and invest in new ones. Currently, we each have our own laptop at home. My sister and dad have one each, and I have my own. This way, we have three laptops that are being used for different purposes.

My wife and I just have one PC that we share. And it's more than enough, and to be honest we don't use the PC very much. Because we read, watch TV, and listen to music. Not to mention that it’s 100000000x faster to pick up my phone and look something up instead of turning on the computer.

My wife and I just have one PC that we share. And it's more than enough, and to be honest we don't use the PC very much. Because we read, watch TV, and listen to music. Not to mention that it’s 100000000x faster to pick up my phone and look something up instead of turning on the computer.
Well, of course, the computer is not very convenient to use to, for example, read the news, but it can be convenient for games or movies if there is no TV. Although it is also not convenient because it is better to have a laptop that can be taken anywhere

I have a desktop, laptop, mini computer for emulation and a tablet. My girlfriend has a Laptop and a Tablet. I mostly use my laptop for work and my desktop for everything I do personally.

We have 4 computers in our home while I have a personal laptop that I use for my work most of the times.

I have a desktop, laptop, mini computer for emulation and a tablet. My girlfriend has a Laptop and a Tablet. I mostly use my laptop for work and my desktop for everything I do personally.
A lot for one person. It's cool to have so many gadgets, although I think they wouldn't be useful for me because I can do most everything only on my phone. However, of course, it is easier on a laptop. If there was no need to make calls, I would never use a phone at all, only a laptop

Unfortunately, I don't have a PC and no one in my immediate family actually has. I have just been using my phone to keep up with digital services and demands. Hoping to get a PC as I am about to start my thesis soon.

At this time I have a laptop which I do all my main work from and I have another laptop which is quite old now that I use for just about everything else other than work.

We also have three PC's in the house, one of which my son bought himself, the other is my old desktop which I gave to my daughter and my two youngest sons also have a PC in their bedroom for school work and such.

I already acquired many laptops, netbooks, and PCs. This time, I only have 3 laptops and no PC. My Netbooks are still functioning, there are two of them. I want to give them to my young nephews for them to play games online

I'm the only one in my family that uses a computer, they all prefer phones.

There are seven computers in our house. Most of them are laptops. I have a laptop, a secondhand device that my daughter gave me. Also, there is a computer downstairs that anybody in the family can use.

In my household, we have 4 computers. I've got a laptop that I make use for a lot of activities that I want to do and my sister has got one.

The other two are desktops that we make use of when there are need to use it and it has been a good experience so far. I don't like the idea of having just a computer at home though

In my childhood, I had only one computer for the whole family, but that was enough, and now that we have a little more money, my parents have a computer, as well as each of my brothers and sisters. I once had both a laptop and a computer, but now I only have a laptop and sold the computer?
1 is enough

Featured Articles

Back