Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you ever been caught staring at the opposite gender?

Spencer

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I've seen some people who are very good at staring at people especially their opposite gender. It looks worrying to me even though there might not be much to it.

Do you find yourself staring at others especially your opposite sex? Have you been caught while at it?

I don't like starring at anyone. I find it to be very disrespectful and I don't appreciate it when someone does that to me either.

I don’t really think gender has a role to play here. Some people may be gay or not identify as straight. The issue here is that staring at someone is point blank rude - if you know your doing it then they will know too…

No, I have never been caught staring at the opposite gender or any gender at all. I don't like to stare at anyone. @Bizdustry you have a very good point about how starring is rude and disrespectful. I agree with you because it's very embarrassing looking at someone like a fool.

I have always done in my best in not stating deeply at the opposite gender. I find it disrespectful and an act that shouldn't be. I don't understand why some people feel okay staring at the opposite gender as it may come off as making them feel unease.

I have always done in my best in not stating deeply at the opposite gender. I find it disrespectful and an act that shouldn't be. I don't understand why some people feel okay staring at the opposite gender as it may come off as making them feel unease.
I have to conclude that some people are perverts with the way they stare at opposite sex. They can only be looking at their opposite sex especially from men when they are lusting over the lady they are starring at because if it's not about sex, they wouldn't have their eyes fixed on a lady for too long. She's not a television to stare at.

I can't say that I was staring because there are some moments when you have to go in a certain direction and there is a person standing there and he will think that you are staring at him and therefore you have to look away. But I may have had such situations in elementary school when I knew what I was doing

If someone is purposely starring at you, everything will be clear about how he or she looks. You will not have doubts in your mind about whether the person is truly starring at you or not. There is a difference with trying to look and meet someone's eyes. It can happen to anyone.

In my teenage days, I used to look at opposite sex, I do not like to use the word starring (it is too harsh). I believe it was a naturally tendency for hormonal charged individual. I was caught many times, I felt ashamed but it did not stop me form looking at opposite sex. As I grew older, my habit changed and I no longer look at opposite sex.

I think that there is a difference between looking at an opposite sex and someone else starring at an opposite sex. When you're staring, it's embarrassing in my opinion. This is why I don't feel comfortable when I see another person who stare at another person especially when it's opposite sex.

I don't like starring at anyone. I find it to be very disrespectful and I don't appreciate it when someone does that to me either.
Of course, this is so, but in most cases when someone does it, it is not specifically because, for example, you are thinking about something in your head and you look at a certain point and there may be a person standing there, but at that moment you are focused on your thought and cannot notice that that you are staring at someone

What @Nomad wrote applies to me and I don't do that anymore. Besides if I did my girlfriend would kill me.

I am not going to come up here and act all saintly. I have been staring in awe of some person's of the opposite gender, especially the ones that are really endowed. I have never been caught though. I try to be very logical when staring at the opposite gender. Won't love to be caught.

I've seen some people who are very good at staring at people especially their opposite gender. It looks worrying to me even though there might not be much to it.

Do you find yourself staring at others especially your opposite sex? Have you been caught while at it?
I don't stare at people that much and long and likewise, I don't like people staring at me for too long because it actually makes me feel uncomfortable and doesn't make me free in such places.

I think it is a natural thing for a man to stare at a pretty lady even if it is slightly. It happens like a reflex action. Now, there are some people that have disciplined themselves to grow above that. I don't know if ladies stare at guys too.

I am not someone that stares at people, so I'm usually careful so I don't get caught turning at women especially. But of course there are times when I just see them, but seeing is different from staring isn't it?

I try my best not to stare at people, regardless of gender. It can make others feel uncomfortable, and I believe it's important to respect people's personal space and boundaries.

Yes I have been caught on several occasions, though most times I usually allow myself get caught. I only do this when I find out they where looking at me first, so I tend to look back and let them know I am aware .

Back