Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Year in which you got your 1st phone

Debashis

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Do you remember in which year you had got your first mobile phone? What was the model like? Do you still remember the model name/number?

I had a Nokia phone that was big and bulky, but I can't remember the exact year, although it was in the 90s. I had just a few minutes on it for emergency purposes, all the good old days. I actually hated that and I didn't even get texting until about 7 years ago. eek. I'm so glad technology got cheaper.

The first year that I got a phone I actually used might have been 2019. I was just never into cellphones. Phones annoy me generally so I just used a home phone until I was 43 maybe.

If I remembered correctly, it should be in 2004 I got my first phone. It was a flip phone which I can't remember the brand. I had the phone until I started using android phone.

I got my first phone in 2015. It was a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone in the colour orange.

I had my first phone in 2006. It was a Motorola C117. I started using smartphone in 2016. Techno C8 was the first one I used.

I think I got my first phone in 2006. It was a black and white Samsung hand set. I received this set as a gift from my friend. I used this hand set for more than two years, and then I started using Nokia. I used Nokia and then Motorola briefly and then started using Samsung phone again. I am still with Samsung brand.

I don't remember the year in which I received it, but I know how old I was. I was about 14 years old and I finally decided to buy a phone because I had been thinking about it for a long time. It was a Samsung E5, a very unique model because when I wanted to buy a case and told them the model name, they didn't know what smartphone I was talking about

I got my very first cellphone back in 2010. when I was in high school. It was a classic thin flip phone - nothing fancy, but I thought I was so cool having my own phone at the time. It could only really do calls and texts, but that was high-tech for a teenager back then! It's crazy to think about how basic those early mobile phones were compared to the powerful smartphones we carry around today.

I got my first phone in 2009. It was a gift from my mom for passing the college entrance examination. It was the days of Nokia. The phone was a Nokia C1, a java powered phone. But I so loved it at the time. That's a phone that I can't use as a backup phone now.

I can't really remember when I got my very first phone though, it was years back. I was still in secondary school back then and it was not a brand new one. I had to save for weeks and even months just to be able to buy it back then.

The year I got my first phone would be 2007. I could remember it was a Motorola button phone that was very strong, I used it for years. It was given to me as a gift by my mom for coming first in class then.

I got my first phone when I was 14. I was playing sports, so I needed one to contact my family when I was done with practice after school.

"Got my Oppo A12 back in 2020 and I must say, it's still holding up remarkably well! The battery life is surprisingly good, lasting me through a full day of heavy usage without needing a recharge. The camera might not be flagship-level, but it still takes decent photos for social media and everyday use. The software experience has been smooth with no major hiccups, and the design, though not the most cutting-edge, is still sleek and comfortable to hold. Overall, I'm impressed with how this phone has stood the test of time and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable budget option."

It was 2015 and then I bought my first phone. I personally put off most of my expenses because I wanted a phone for a long time and my parents added about 20 percent to me, and in the 10th grade I bought myself a new phone, although it was not as cool as others

If I remember correctly then it was in 2009 or 2010 and it was a basic phone and actually in those days these basic phones were popular

I got my first mobile phone in 2003 and smart phone in 2010 I guess, I am not sure though.

I got my first mobile phone in 2003 and smart phone in 2010 I guess, I am not sure though.
Wow what kind of phone did you get at that year? Probably a Nokia phone, or Motorola?

I was using a Nokia phone around that time, during does period, Nokia phones was king.

My first phone was a basic phone and at that time I was in college and we only got that to disconnect the landline as it was costing so much

Back