Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

When do you put your Christmas decorations up?

svjiminfxv

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Once Halloween has been and gone, I put my Christmas tree up so it is done and I don't have to worry about it afterwards.
Throughout the month, I will put a few more decorations up until December.

When do you put your Christmas decorations up?

I normally do it the weekend after Thanksgiving. So it would be next weekend for me :) A neighbor put up their Tree in the beginning of October.. A bit early I think

I started after Halloween (so November first)

They'll stay up until at least January the 8th

I decorate for every holiday, therefore I cannot decorate for Christmas until the weekend after Thanksgiving.

So, we have Halloween, which is a big holiday in my house and go all out with the decorations, right after Halloween, it's Thanksgiving decorations, more laid back but the entire house is fall / Thanksgiving and right after Thanksgiving, it's Christmas time!!! The house goes from a fall look to all things Christmas, all the way until January 6. 🎄 🎅

I started putting up my Christmas decorations up from the 3rd week of November. I want everything to still be looking fresh in December for the Christmas proper.

Normally, my Christmas decorations always starts late. I will put it down as a laziness on my own part. It usually from the 2nd week of December I'll start decorating.

For me, the winter holidays begin when the first snow falls, but it used to be like that because now you can't wait for snow in winter at all. Therefore, it is mostly either December 1 or the next weekend before this day

I am not a part of Christmas culture, therefore, I do not celebrate Christmas, thus do go do any kind of Christmas decoration. However, I celebrate Diwali and we decorate our house for Diwali three days before the big day. With set up electric lights as well as oil lamps. We also hang flowers on the doors and windows

From the first week of December is when I put up all my Christmas celebrations items like lights and of course my 8 ft all Christmas tree.

From the first week of December is when I put up all my Christmas celebrations items like lights and of course my 8 ft all Christmas tree.
This is correct, because when December begins, it is already a festive period. It is a bit difficult for me to do this when there is no snow, but I also do it in the first weeks of December. But of course, my Christmas tree is much smaller than yours and I have less to decorate

We don't normally do decorations, not that we hate them, but I guess the thought just doesn't come to mind. Though the times we do, it's during the first or second week of December.

We don't normally do decorations, not that we hate them, but I guess the thought just doesn't come to mind. Though the times we do, it's during the first or second week of December.
Most of them also do this because the winter holidays are not so long and Christmas is only one day, and therefore everyone wants to enjoy the decorations for at least a month and after Christmas it can be taken off

My girlfriend is a practicing Wiccan and doesn't celebrate it so neither do I. She is totally into Halloween though. lol

Featured Articles

Back