Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Gaming What's the oldest game console you currently own?

Ravenfreak

Active Contributor

Reaction score
So what's the oldest game console you currently own? Does the console still work? The oldest console I have that still works is my model 1 Sega Genesis! I got it from a friend when I was younger since I traded my original NES for it. The NES wasn't working right anyways, and his dad thought he could fix the console.

So what's the oldest game console you currently own? Does the console still work? The oldest console I have that still works is my model 1 Sega Genesis! I got it from a friend when I was younger since I traded my original NES for it. The NES wasn't working right anyways, and his dad thought he could fix the console.
My old SNES, bought in 1992 and still works fine!, Sega's controller (the one with 3 buttons) tends to be bad, the one with 6 are totally god tier.

Did you play Zool? :)

My PS5 is my oldest and only console. Sadly, I did not keep any of my old consoles. I really wish I had kept my PSP, PS2 or even Xbox 360 :(

My PS5 is my oldest and only console. Sadly, I did not keep any of my old consoles. I really wish I had kept my PSP, PS2 or even Xbox 360 :(
PSP was the best mobile console i ever owned. I could watch anime, play games and watch youtube videos in it.. did you play Ys SEVEN back then? :p

PSP was the best mobile console i ever owned. I could watch anime, play games and watch youtube videos in it.. did you play Ys SEVEN back then? :p
No, I don’t think so. The PSP was awesome though, I did everything on it too! It’s a shame that it was discontinued :(

My old SNES, bought in 1992 and still works fine!, Sega's controller (the one with 3 buttons) tends to be bad, the one with 6 are totally god tier.

Did you play Zool? :)
Funny enough I never played it as a kid but I have played it not too long ago! It's a good game, I need to go back and play it again. :) I definitely prefer the six button controller, I didn't have one as a kid though.

Funny enough I never played it as a kid but I have played it not too long ago! It's a good game, I need to go back and play it again. :) I definitely prefer the six button controller, I didn't have one as a kid though.
Yeah, your avatar suggests that you like platform gaming! :p

Those days were really weird, it was very common to own consoles that were outdated.. in stores you would get sega master system games and also genesis, same goes for NES and SNES.

I no longer have even my old Playstation 4 anymore. I've given it out when I upgraded to playing with Playstation 5.

The oldest game console I currently own right now is the Nintendo DS Lite. I've had my DS since 2010 or 2011 if I remember correctly.
It's not something I'd throw away as it can still be used if I'm bored.

I have a PS2 in my garage. :)

The oldest game console I have with me is Playstation 5, I bought it in 2022. :D But before I bought PS5, I was using PS4, I used this console for more than 4 years and then sold it to fund my gaming laptop purchase. I have never owned gaming consoles other than PS4 and PS5. I played games on PC for many years before buying the first console

If I search well, I might still find an old Dеndy that was bought for my brother in my parents' house. It is definitely not working anymore, but it is very old

PlayStation. I got it for my birthday long back. I do not use it anymore because I got better options.

I don't own a game's console yet, but when I do decide to buy one, It might probably be a play station four or five.

The oldest console I have is the Game Boy Color, which I think is older than the PSX which I also have, another old console I have is the Game Boy Advance, which I think is 23 years old.

The oldest game console in my collection is the original PlayStation. This groundbreaking system ushered in the 32-bit era of 3D gaming and multimedia capabilities. Despite its age, the PlayStation's iconic design with its elongated case and CD drive still looks sleek.

That will be ps1 consoles, they are really one of the best games consoles out there then but not anymore with the arrival of ps2 and co

The one I had was PS2, but I gave it out some weeks ago. I don’t need it anymore, I now have a PS4 hoping to upgrade it to 5 very soon.

I don't have anyone yet at the moment, but the oldest I have had back then while growing up was the Sega game.

Featured Articles

Back