Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What phone do you currently have?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
With technology being as advanced as it is, we all know with have a mobile phone that is ideal for our needs. Whilst some prefer Android-based phones, some may instead prefer iPhone and Apple instead.

At the moment, what phone do you have currently?

I have the Huawei P30 Pro and have had that for nearly 2 years now and it still works for what I need.

I currently have an iPhone 14 Pro. I’ve had it for a year and it’s been great, no complaints. I can’t see myself changing my phone any time soon.

I currently have an iPhone 14 Pro. I’ve had it for a year and it’s been great, no complaints. I can’t see myself changing my phone any time soon.
Have you thought about upgrading to the iPhone 15? I would imagine the current iPhone you have now has a lot of life left in it so would more than likely last you quite a while longer.

I know of some people who have traded their iPhone 14 in for the 15 but some are holding off until they know any issues that arise are fixed before they decide to jump on the latest release from Apple.

Have you thought about upgrading to the iPhone 15? I would imagine the current iPhone you have now has a lot of life left in it so would more than likely last you quite a while longer.

I know of some people who have traded their iPhone 14 in for the 15 but some are holding off until they know any issues that arise are fixed before they decide to jump on the latest release from Apple.
I have considered upgrading to the iPhone 15 but I have a year left on my 2-year phone contract and if I was to upgrade now, not only would I have to trade in my current iPhone, which I have paid extortionate monthly prices for the past year, but I would also be tied into a contract for an extra year and honestly, I am sick of phone contracts. They’re a trap - mid-year, your phone company will raise their prices by 15% or even more and there is nothing you can do about it. Their reasoning will be an increase in costs but in reality they’re just taking advantage of customers because they can and you’re legally trapped.

I have considered upgrading to the iPhone 15 but I have a year left on my 2-year phone contract and if I was to upgrade now, not only would I have to trade in my current iPhone, which I have paid extortionate monthly prices for the past year, but I would also be tied into a contract for an extra year and honestly, I am sick of phone contracts. They’re a trap - mid-year, your phone company will raise their prices by 15% or even more and there is nothing you can do about it. Their reasoning will be an increase in costs but in reality they’re just taking advantage of customers because they can and you’re legally trapped.
This is understandable. I know many people myself who used to think being on a two-yearly contract was a better option for them than buying the phone outright and paying for a data plan for internet data, minutes and texts. They soon realized they were not better off doing that.

I tend to buy the phones outright myself and then pay for a data plan, for example, I have one at the moment which is 6GB internet data, unlimited calls and texts for £6 a month which is a bargain. If you have a phone that can last a few years and with a plan like that, you can see how much you would save not going on contract.

This is understandable. I know many people myself who used to think being on a two-yearly contract was a better option for them than buying the phone outright and paying for a data plan for internet data, minutes and texts. They soon realized they were not better off doing that.

I tend to buy the phones outright myself and then pay for a data plan, for example, I have one at the moment which is 6GB internet data, unlimited calls and texts for £6 a month which is a bargain. If you have a phone that can last a few years and with a plan like that, you can see how much you would save not going on contract.
I learnt my lesson the hard way but that is definitely what I will be doing in the future - do not trust phone companies!! I can probably get a good few years out of my iPhone 14 Pro even after my contract expires next year so I will just buy a data plan rather than a new phone.

I learnt my lesson the hard way but that is definitely what I will be doing in the future - do not trust phone companies!! I can probably get a good few years out of my iPhone 14 Pro even after my contract expires next year so I will just buy a data plan rather than a new phone.
Sounds like the better option for sure! Will you be staying with the iPhone when the time comes to upgrade your phone? I have used iPhone myself in the past but will admit that Android was always what I went back to mainly because I could buy a phone at an affordable price and have 128GB without having to pay extra.

Sounds like the better option for sure! Will you be staying with the iPhone when the time comes to upgrade your phone? I have used iPhone myself in the past but will admit that Android was always what I went back to mainly because I could buy a phone at an affordable price and have 128GB without having to pay extra.
Most likely. I love Apple products and everything about them.

I'm a huge fan of Samsung, so I only use that and nothing else.

I have iPhone 14 Pro Max and Samsung Galaxy A52. I wouldn't be upgrading on my smartphones until the next 2 years.

I currently have the iPhone 11 in purple. I'm not looking for an upgrade at the moment as I have only had the phone for a year but I might have to get a new iPhone 11 in the same colour because the screen is lifting and the power button doesn't work.

I have a Nokia. I get Straight Talk service from Wal Mart with it. It's smaller, but cheaper and good enough for what I want.

I've been using the Galaxy M51 for the past 2.5 years now. I'm not planning to buy a new one yet since it is fulfilling all my daily needs. Whenever I have to upgrade it, I'll probably for a Galaxy S series phone, whichever comes within my budget.

My phone is a techno-pop 2F b1g. Android version is 13. I was using since a while and I think I need to upgrade Android version because it will no longer work because of deprecation of the version for next app releases.

I am making use of the new Samsung A14, and I must say that it is one of the best decisions that I have taken in a very long time. You can see that the battery life is better than my previous device as it has the 5000 mah capacity. I have been enjoying this device since I bought it.

I am making use of an older version of iPhone. It's iPhone 12 Pro Max which I'm using right now. I will be buying either iPhone 15 or Samsung Galaxy S24.

I am a Samsung user, except for a brief period of time, I have always been using Samsung phones. In fact, my first phone was a Samsung. Currently, I use Samsung A50s a mid range phone, I have been using it for more than 3 years and I am thinking to buy a new handset. I have never used high end mobile handsets.

Last edited:
Now I have been using the smartphone I own for more than 4 years and it is the iPhone X. I was very ashamed when I bought it, because everyone knows about the mockery of Apple owners, but I wanted to try it. Now I do not plan to update the model because it still works very well and does not even lag

I'm using iPhone 13 Pro Max. I wasn't ready to upgrade to iPhone 15 Pro Max since it came out because I was waiting for iPhone 16. I'll but it when it launches in September.

Back