Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Music What genre of music do you listen to?

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
What genre of music do you listen to? Do you like any music outside of your preferred genre?

Mostly industrial and goth but I also like melodic metal and a few pop songs

I mainly listen to instrumental music like synthwave, but I also love listening to punk pop and grunge too. Video game music is another of my favorite genres of music.

I mostly listen to rap and pop but I can vibe with other genres too if I like the song.

I only listen to one rapper named Ghostemane he’s dark

I like hard rock and metal mostly, but occasionally I'll listen to pop too, especially on the radio station I primarily listen to since that's what they mostly play.

Classic rock (Springsteen, Genesis), AOR (Mike and the Mechanics, Steve Winwood, Tomas Ledin), West Coast Jazz (Brubeck, Gilberto) and folk.

I can listen to almost any music myself and will always give new music I find a try but there are two kinds of music I can not listen to at all and that is heavy metal and heavy rock.

I find heavy metal and heavy rock to be too much and more like noise and shouting than actual music.

I don't listen to music much anymore these days being that I lost my hearing in one ear. When I do though, in the rare instance that I do, I prefer punk rock.

I listen to K-pop most of the time and have been for a few years now. I remember my friend showing me music videos of BTS back in 2018 and since then, I have listened to K-pop and discovered more groups in that genre.

Country music and reggae is my favourite music genre. Over 90% of the music I listen to is in the Country and reggae music genre.

I don't have a favorite genre that I listen to all the time, I rather choose songs that I like regardless of the genre. Mostly pop music. I used to like jazz, but now the melodies are not very cool, and listening to the same thing is not interesting

Gospel is my music genre. I love gospel songs so much, and I love to play along with them if I see any instrument. Whether jazz or reggae, I'm good with it and I can listen to it for 24hours.

I listen to RnB and hip hop. My favourite RnB singer is Mariah Carey and I also love Trey Songz at the international stage. I love Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole when it comes to global rappers. For the local scene, Tiwa Savage does it for me when it comes to RnB while MI Abaga is the rapper from Africa that blows my mind.

For me it is usually gospel songs, though amongst all the gospel songs, my favorite are worship songs.

My musical tastes primarily gravitate towards indie, folk, and alternative rock. I'm drawn to the rawness, emotion, and lyrical depth often found in these genres. However, I also thoroughly enjoy delving into other styles, from the soulful grooves of R&B to the cinematic sweeps of classical and film scores. I find that exposure to diverse musical influences helps to broaden my perspective and appreciation for the art of sound.

A basically listen to all kinds of music, rap, pop, reggae country. As long as they are good music and I really like it and listen to them.

Featured Articles

Back