Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Contest will be announced within the next day or so! Stay tuned!

What do you do with your food leftovers?

Ray

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Most people usually have plenty of food leftovers when they are done cooking and eating. What do you normally do with your food leftovers? Do you cook more food that makes you have leftovers or you know the right measurements to cook so you don't have leftovers?

If we ever have leftovers, we put them in the fridge.
If they are not eaten by the next day, we will bin them as they will not be any good.

There is a reason why having a refrigerator or freezer at home is very good especially if you are the type who cooks food in larger quantities and frequently. I'm like this with cooking of food but with my refrigerator and deep freezer because I have two of them, my food have never wasted.

During weekends, I usually order a heavy meal for lunch intentionally so that I can have the leftovers at night for dinner. This way, I save a lot of money too by just ordering once and enough quantity for two times of meal.

During weekends, I usually order a heavy meal for lunch intentionally so that I can have the leftovers at night for dinner. This way, I save a lot of money too by just ordering once and enough quantity for two times of meal.
I do not order my food from restaurant because I know to cook my own. I can't think of any food which I can't cook. Any food which I want to eat, I'll make out time to prepare it and store them in my fridge. This saves time and money for me.

I do not order my food from restaurant because I know to cook my own. I can't think of any food which I can't cook. Any food which I want to eat, I'll make out time to prepare it and store them in my fridge. This saves time and money for me.
Indeed true. Because it will let you self dependant and not depending all the time from the restaurants especially half of them does not have care to hygiene of food and could cause stomach problems especially their main goal is to earn funds not health of customer.

Indeed true. Because it will let you self dependant and not depending all the time from the restaurants especially half of them does not have care to hygiene of food and could cause stomach problems especially their main goal is to earn funds not health of customer.
Yes, most restaurants does not take personal hygiene that much serious. I was at a restaurant the other day some years ago and houseflies was hovering all over the place. How can someone not eat food which is already contaminated in such place with houseflies having a party?

Yes, I live alone, so I already know the exact proportions of everything that needs to be cooked, so I never have leftovers, but even if this happens, I can leave them in the refrigerator for the next day, but the taste will no longer be the same, so sometimes I have to throw them away

Yes, I live alone, so I already know the exact proportions of everything that needs to be cooked, so I never have leftovers, but even if this happens, I can leave them in the refrigerator for the next day, but the taste will no longer be the same, so sometimes I have to throw them away
The problem with me is that I don't have the time to cook my food every day when I want to it. My schedule is always too tight that I can't be able to cook that way. This is why when it's the day I have a free schedule to cook, I will cook at least 4 different food and have them all stocked in my refrigerator. Light is always constant, all the food will be blocked and safe till when I want to eat them.

I try to optimize the quantity of food I cook so that there would be no leftovers unless I plan to eat that course again. I just refrigerate the leftovers and just microwave it when I want to eat it again.

We put them in the freezer and eat in the next morning. No, throwing them away is never an option. As someone who grew up not having much, I have learned what it feels to go hungry, and this makes me always appreciate the value of food.

I like to finish my leftovers the next day mostly in the breakfast or I give that to my neighbor

Mostly I give away that food to our neighbors or to any needy. This is because I don't like to eat leftovers even if it's of yesterday.

There are certain foods that I only have in leftovers that include kidney beans, Dal makhni.

I try my best to minimize food waste, so leftovers never go unloved in my household. If it's just a small amount, I'll have it for a snack or add it to a future meal. Larger leftovers get portioned into airtight containers and stashed in the fridge or freezer for future reheat-and-eat situations. Making sure to properly store and rotate older leftovers is key. When possible, I'll also repurpose extras into new dishes like stir-fries, fried rice, or soup. Wasting food is like tossing money away, so maximizing leftovers is a must.

When it comes to leftovers, we usually keep them for another day. With the cost of living and how things are right now, we always try our best to not waste food.

We mostly have the leftovers the next day and in case we don't like to have then that veggie or lentil can also be used in preparing of Missi Roti in which we use the leftover in the Wheat flour and it tastes really good

Featured Articles

Back