Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

What are your preferred drills?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Keeping fit is one of the ways that we ensure that we set our mind, body and soul in a cordinated manner. Most of us likes to exercise at different days of the week depending on what time we have available to us.

When it comes to exercising, what are the drills that you like to train with? Do you do more push-ups or squatting?

At the moment, I just lift weight. But I need to add a little bit of cardio and strength training such as push-ups to my workout routine to really optimise my gains.

Running is my favourite drill. I prefer doing more of cardio workout. I tried weight lifting but my body wasn't built for it.

Crunches and planks is my favourite drills whenever I'm working out at home or the gym. I lift weight too but I focus more on my abs more than any other parts of my body.

When I started working out in 2009 or 2010, I was doing almost full body work out. I couldn't leave out any part of my body because I think it's okay and doesn't need to be drilled. It was around 2017 that I started doing focused work out drills on specific parts of my body. I focus mainly on my abs, legs, neck/shoulder and arms now.

At the moment, I just lift weight. But I need to add a little bit of cardio and strength training such as push-ups to my workout routine to really optimise my gains.
It is good to lift weights. In some cases, cardio exercises let your muscles grow up then you do not lift so much weight. This means you do not have to worry if there is not much difference between old and new weight. I have heard this information on a radio station.

When I started working out in 2009 or 2010, I was doing almost full body work out. I couldn't leave out any part of my body because I think it's okay and doesn't need to be drilled. It was around 2017 that I started doing focused work out drills on specific parts of my body. I focus mainly on my abs, legs, neck/shoulder and arms now.

I have been training with a big focus on my abs. I hate being a man who has potbelly. I also had plans on training my thighs with jumping jacks. You know that training the legs and abs are the major places to focus on. When you talk about training the neck, what drills do you use?

I have been training with a big focus on my abs. I hate being a man who has potbelly. I also had plans on training my thighs with jumping jacks. You know that training the legs and abs are the major places to focus on. When you talk about training the neck, what drills do you use?
Jumping jacks does not work on your stomach if I remembered it right. It works on your knees and shoulders because if you look at how your body is impacted when you jump up and down, it will be clear it's on your knees and shoulders. I love abs work out because it works on the stomach.

Jumping jacks does not work on your stomach if I remembered it right. It works on your knees and shoulders because if you look at how your body is impacted when you jump up and down, it will be clear it's on your knees and shoulders. I love abs work out because it works on the stomach.
It could be a good exercise for weight lifting especially since most of the obesity factors are shown in the stomach of the person so practice such exercises is indeed recommended. You could organize your time to practice it in regular way.

It could be a good exercise for weight lifting especially since most of the obesity factors are shown in the stomach of the person so practice such exercises is indeed recommended. You could organize your time to practice it in regular way.
It's not even the best exercise for someone who is suffering from obesity. I would say it's going to be running which I feel will work best for this kind of person. Running will affect the person's entire body and not only the stomach.

Press up, squats, wall sit and abdominal work out drills are going to be my favourite work out drills. I won't skip any one of them when I'm working out.

Running is the work out I'm participating in. I figured it's the best drill because it works on my cardio very good. I rely on high level of energy to do many things.

Press up, squats, wall sit and abdominal work out drills are going to be my favourite work out drills. I won't skip any one of them when I'm working out.
Every man I know want to work on their stomach in order to have abs. It's like a trophy for men because it makes them look good. Ladies also work on their stomach too because it helps to makes their clothes fit well when their stomach is flat. It's why I like working on my abs too.

When it comes to exercising, I'm all about functional fitness training. My favorite drills involve compound movements like burpees, mountain climbers, and kettlebell swings that work multiple muscle groups simultaneously. As for the push-up versus squat debate, I probably lean more towards squats. They're just such a primal movement that builds full-body strength and muscle, plus I find the leg burn quite satisfying. However, you can't go wrong with push-ups either for building a strong upper body. A balanced workout incorporates both!

I see people mentioning drills that are too complex and hard for my humble self 😂. Myself that only likes to do a few push-ups and may some squats. Right, you can also add planks and jumping jacks.

Going for morning walks is what I do on a daily basis, so I guess it's safe to say this is part of my preferred drills when it comes to working out.

Going for morning walks is what I do on a daily basis, so I guess it's safe to say this is part of my preferred drills when it comes to working out.
Morning walks are great, but only on weekends when I don't go to my place of work.

I am a lazy person so have not joined gym for excercise . Only exercise I do is to walk and that too not a very long walk.

My favorite exercises to perform when working out at home or in the gym are crunches and planks. I lift weights as well, but my abs are the area of my physique I pay the most attention to.

Featured Articles

Back