Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

News Qatar’s Sheikh Jassim withdraws from process to buy Manchester United

Mike

Off The Mark

Reaction score
Qatari banker Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani has withdrawn from the process to buy Manchester United.

Sheikh Jassim had bid £5bn for the club but further talks this week have broken down.

The Glazer family, who bought United for £790m in 2005, announced in November 2022 they were considering selling.

British businessman Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos Group was the other main bidder.

Ratcliffe is now hoping to conclude a deal for a minority stake in the club, thought to be 25%.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67107688.amp

I want to say I'm disappointed but I'm not surprised. I don't have any expectations from Man Utd anymore. The Qatari's allowed us to dream but it's back to reality now. We're never competing with Man City again.

I want to say I'm disappointed but I'm not surprised. I don't have any expectations from Man Utd anymore. The Qatari's allowed us to dream but it's back to reality now. We're never competing with Man City again.
The Glazers need to die for Manchester United to see the light of the day again. As long as they are still the owners of the club, there's no hope.

I knew from day one that The Glazers was never going to sell the Manchester United 100% to Qatar’s offer from Sheikh Jassim. They are making billions of dollars from the club.

I knew from day one that The Glazers was never going to sell the Manchester United 100% to Qatar’s offer from Sheikh Jassim. They are making billions of dollars from the club.

I totally agree with you. The Glazers were never going to sell the club. They can't sell a project which makes them billions of dollars because the fans are fed up with them.

There is a recent revelation that the Qatar family were unable to provide proof of funds that would have enabled them to have a higher chance at winning the bid. This is something that I felt must have affected their plans because I believed that they had the bigger plans for Manchester United as at then.

There is a recent revelation that the Qatar family were unable to provide proof of funds that would have enabled them to have a higher chance at winning the bid. This is something that I felt must have affected their plans because I believed that they had the bigger plans for Manchester United as at then.
This was not what I read in the news concerning the Qatar family and being able to provide proof of funds that they wanted to use and purchase Manchester United. According to the Qatar family, they met the $4.6 billion valuation of Manchester United by the Glazers and provided proof of funds but the Glazers kept stalling.

This was not what I read in the news concerning the Qatar family and being able to provide proof of funds that they wanted to use and purchase Manchester United. According to the Qatar family, they met the $4.6 billion valuation of Manchester United by the Glazers and provided proof of funds, but the Glazers kept stalling.

Well, this is a recent revelation, and the Qatar family has not come out to debunk these reports. If the Glaziers are telling lies about them, I am very sure that they would have ran out to begin to claim that everything said is a lie, but I heard none of it from the Qatar family. So, who do you think said the truth?

Well, this is a recent revelation, and the Qatar family has not come out to debunk these reports. If the Glaziers are telling lies about them, I am very sure that they would have ran out to begin to claim that everything said is a lie, but I heard none of it from the Qatar family. So, who do you think said the truth?
Do you know or understand why they the Qatar family have not come out to debunk these reports about the Glaziers telling lies about them? It's because they have moved on from the Manchester United take over deal. The Glazers wants to use them to keep getting press coverage on the deal.

The British businessman Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos Group have done well since they took over 25% ownership of Manchester United. Right now, I don't think anyone is missing Sheikh Jassim from not buying the club at 100% ownership.

The British businessman Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos Group have done well since they took over 25% ownership of Manchester United. Right now, I don't think anyone is missing Sheikh Jassim from not buying the club at 100% ownership.
What I have been able to observe about Sir Jim Ratcliffe is that he is very passionate about football too with the massive moves he has been making since taking over 25% ownership of Manchester United. If he keeps this attitude up in the right direction, it looks like the time is now for Manchester United to get back to their former glory days.

What I have been able to observe about Sir Jim Ratcliffe is that he is very passionate about football too with the massive moves he has been making since taking over 25% ownership of Manchester United. If he keeps this attitude up in the right direction, it looks like the time is now for Manchester United to get back to their former glory days.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe has been a Manchester United fan from boyhood. He has passion for the club beyond money. But I understand that he has to make profits because he is a business person. And the INEOS Group has massive experience managing elite teams. I never thought that they are Americans like the Glazers family who out of their greed are ready to ground everything. I hope Ratcliffe helps to bring the glory days back at the red half of Manchester.

Manchester United needed that big money inflow and it is unfortunate that it didn't work out the way most fans expected.

I think that we should give the part owners the benefit of doubt and hope that they end up doing great for the club at the end of the day.

I don't watch football much, but I have heard my friends talking about this takeover.

Everyone always believed that the Qatar family will take over and it was something that they were working on till something happened and it didn't work out for them. I didn't follow up to understand what actually happened though.

Featured Articles

Back