Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Kenyan found dead after going missing on Everest

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
A dead Kenyan mountaineer has been found at the top of Mount Everest. Joshua Cheruiyot Kirui, forty, and Nawang Sherpa, forty-four, his Nepali guide, disappeared on Wednesday while Mr. Kirui was attempting to become the first African climb Mount Everest without the use of oxygen.

Sometimes people don't understand what can be the consequences of their actions.

He had the drive to make a name for himself, to break records but he did not put into account his own safety and his own abilities.

He should not have taken the risk because Everest is not easy to climb up and that too without carrying oxygen cylinder with them. I don't know , why the authorities allowed him to do so.

Let us be 100% clear, Mt. Everest does not need to be climbed. It is not a requirement, rather it is a choice. At past 23,000 feet you enter the death zone and require oxygen to continue. If you do not use oxygen you can succumb to either pulmonary edema or cerebral edema, not to mention severe frostbite. Everest summits at 29,000 feet.

How are we supposed to feel sorry for people who make this choice that do not have to?

It seems that he wanted to commit suicide so tried this. How fool people are? People should take a lesson from this incident.

I guess he didn't do his calculations well! No one forced him to climb the mountains though, what in the world was he thinking?

He might have thought that he will make a world record by climbing Everest in such condition.

Making or breaking a world record was definitely part of his plan, or it might have been a dream of his and he didn't think it through.

Making or breaking a world record was definitely part of his plan, or it might have been a dream of his and he didn't think it through.
It is sad his life was cut short for an adventure like that, not worth it if you ask me.

It is sad his life was cut short for an adventure like that, not worth it if you ask me.
True but then again the dead can't tell their own story, who knows this might be something he has always wanted. Like I have heard crazy stories of people who wish to die in certain places. Or maybe this was an adventure he considered to be as valuable as his life.

His last words to his climbing buddies was, "Hey guys, watch me jump over this crevasse!"

Whatever it may be, at the end, he lost his life for the adventure and taught us a lesson that we should not take risks with our lives and should always take safety measures when doing such adventures; otherwise, we will have the same fate as he did.

Am pretty sure a lot of people didn't learn any lessons from this though. This is not the first time someone has lost their life in this mountain, and am pretty sure this won't be the last. There would be so many others who would still want to try their luck.

Let them try their luck and lose their lives. Hope one day, one will make a world record. I don't try such adventures as there is always involve risks in the life.

There are people who see themselves to be dare devils, they are willing and ready to take any risk because they tend to get pleasures from it. Anyways it's all good.

What sort of pleasure they get is not understandable.
Daily, we see youths getting killed or injured in road accidents while doing stunts. I am sorry for them and their parents, and they should find out from where they get such ideas.

There are people who see themselves to be dare devils, they are willing and ready to take any risk because they tend to get pleasures from it. Anyways it's all good.
And then they experience a pleasurable death!

Pleasurable or miserable , they know it better.😎

Bad news for the man's family and friends. How are they gonna explain to people that the man died on mount everest? Too bad.

Bad news for the man's family and friends. How are they gonna explain to people that the man died on mount everest? Too bad.
True, they might not be willing to tell people the details. Anyways may his soul rest in peace. And let's hope this would be a lesson to others as well.

Back