Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

DH Contests July Jamboree Posting and Referral Contest!

Same here, I am very poor at referring as well, that's why I have never tried it after some time. The few times I have tried it, it didn't really work out for me.

Same here, I am very poor at referring as well, that's why I have never tried it after some time. The few times I have tried it, it didn't really work out for me.

I cannot convince people or you can say I don't like to request people to join the site from my referral link.

I cannot convince people or you can say I don't like to request people to join the site from my referral link.
In the end you can't really force them. If they choose or decide not to go In the end, you have played your part.

In the end you can't really force them. If they choose or decide not to go In the end, you have played your part.

That's true. We cannot force anyone to join the site. They may join with your invitation but you cannot force them to post on the sites.

That's true. We cannot force anyone to join the site. They may join with your invitation but you cannot force them to post on the sites.
Exactly, I have had some with I invited to join other sites in the past. They joined but they don't post. I have tired but they still choose not to post, so I can't really force them.

@Shortie, @Stan, there is a big flaw in this contest. Forum games section where users write "single digits" as posts should be excluded from the contest entirely. Some people are populating their post counts using the forum games section, making a post like "69" as a counted post.

Look at this particular user, @Kingpin, he has only 36 valid messages but has a post count of 92 in the contest and it is mostly numbers like "15" from the forum games section. Check it out by yourself and please help address it.

I agree with you point @King Belieal . The contest should be fair. I also have posted in the forum games but when I see people are increasing the number of their posts through it. I also do that as no one wants to lose the contest.

Also, I have seen the people are posting less than 40 words these days. I think the posts which are less than 30 words should not be considered for the contest.

@Shortie Is it possible to display the top 8 Posters instead of only 5 as it will be useful for everyone to know which user is at which spot and they can try to reach higher spot

@Shortie, @Stan, there is a big flaw in this contest. Forum games section where users write "single digits" as posts should be excluded from the contest entirely. Some people are populating their post counts using the forum games section, making a post like "69" as a counted post.

Look at this particular user, @Kingpin, he has only 36 valid messages but has a post count of 92 in the contest and it is mostly numbers like "15" from the forum games section. Check it out by yourself and please help address it.
We do have the forum games section not to increase post count, does this not seem to be working for the top posters of the month?

@Shortie Is it possible to display the top 8 Posters instead of only 5 as it will be useful for everyone to know which user is at which spot and they can try to reach higher spot
I will look into doing this

Thanks.

Update: I have now changed the Top Posters of the Month to show 8 instead of 5 and post count in forum games will no longer count towards the top posters of the month.

Thank you all!

Good it's clear now so no one will complain about the results at the end of the month. Thanks @Shortie

@Shortie I asked you a query about the posts less than 40 words. I think they should not be counted in the contest.

It's one complain or the other about this competition, until people would start loosing interest in the whole thing. Anyways it's all good and once again good luck to everyone.

It's ok if there are complaints. At least website is making everyone satisfied but other users should stop expecting a lot from the website by asking one thing or the other and let the admin decide what is perfect for the website.

I did notice that. Many posts in the last month's contest were very short and not meeting the criteria of 40 words minimum count. But I think that they were counted. It has to be a fair game and everyone should stick to the rules.

I read the contest carefully of this month and found there is no requirement of writing 40 words post so I was wrong to point it out. Am I right? @Shortie

I did notice that. Many posts in the last month's contest were very short and not meeting the criteria of 40 words minimum count. But I think that they were counted. It has to be a fair game and everyone should stick to the rules.
Yes you have a point, but the contest rules also say if a thread requires less than 40 words do not attempt to make it up to 40 words, which means you are saying threads like this should not be counted?

Yes you have a point, but the contest rules also say if a thread requires less than 40 words do not attempt to make it up to 40 words, which means you are saying threads like this should not be counted?

I read the contest rules against for this month, no where it is mentioned.😅

Apologies, I had been so focused on the new system for the contest I forgot to add the rules. I have added the rules, which will count from now due to my mistake.

In the future, these rules stand for every contest.

Thank you all :)

Back