Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Japan’s births just fell to a new record low. Tokyo hopes a dating app can turn that around

I won't really say it's forced but a lot of us are being pressured. We are in a society where if you are not married at a certain age, you are being pressured to, if you do not have kids in marriage, you are also being pressured to.
Indeed the pressure is real. And it gets worse when you see your age mates already getting married.

Indeed the pressure is real. And it gets worse when you see your age mates already getting married.
If you are not careful you might even fall into depression, cause you might start feeling like you have not been able to achieve anything.

With times it is changing. Even government in India has made the legal age of marriage to be 21 for both male and female. This is more to promote higher education and career inspiration in females. Parents are getting more liberal with changing trends. But still many parents would wish for their children to get married and have children by a certain age.

With times it is changing. Even government in India has made the legal age of marriage to be 21 for both male and female. This is more to promote higher education and career inspiration in females. Parents are getting more liberal with changing trends. But still many parents would wish for their children to get married and have children by a certain age.

I am not talking about age, but marriage. We still pressure our kids to get married and have kids, unlike the European kids, where there is no such culture. They are free and have their own wishes for marriage, and their society doesn't feel bad for them if they don't get married.

I am not talking about age, but marriage. We still pressure our kids to get married and have kids, unlike the European kids, where there is no such culture. They are free and have their own wishes for marriage, and their society doesn't feel bad for them if they don't get married.
Yes, there is a cultural difference. But slowly it's changing at least in urban set ups. DINK is a trend getting popular amongst youth. It means Double Income and No Kid. Also, I have seen more youths going for adoption instead of having their own child. Recently two of my nieces opted to adopt than to go for biological kids. I encourage such adoption. Society will slowly accept a lot more here too in coming times. Two of my cousin sisters ( elder than me) chose to stay unmarried. First there was some pressure, but slowly evryone accepted. They are doing very well in their lives.

I think most countries that are developed have controlled population unless they are given funds for having more kids and also perks like Free education etc

Back