Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Is modern music awful?

Her sisters were also good singers. They were awarded with lots of prestigious awards by the government of India.

Which means it's a family talent? That's pretty impressive though.

True they now see the songs they come across now as normal, while the ones we talk about back then as weird or not making sense.
They are born in this new era and are well adapted to whatever sensory impressions that they have been getting. They don't find them weird and loud like we would who have grown up experiencing soulful music. And they might find ours an outdated ones. I am happy that my daughters like the music that I like and even in the new ones they have a taste of good ones.

They are born in this new era and are well adapted to whatever sensory impressions that they have been getting. They don't find them weird and loud like we would who have grown up experiencing soulful music. And they might find ours an outdated ones. I am happy that my daughters like the music that I like and even in the new ones they have a taste of good ones.
We still have some new generation ones that value the music of those days. Examples are your daughters, and it is probably because you play it in their presence regularly.

That's good then, there are still people today from the present generation that still values good music and knows the difference between these songs and the ones back then.

Which means it's a family talent? That's pretty impressive though.

Yes, it was a family tree. They are were in to the music industry and were all famous people.

Yes, it was a family tree. They are were in to the music industry and were all famous people.
Wow that means the family is naturally gifted in singing. That's impressive though.

Maybe the others saw that the music paid for one and all of them decide to venture in, taking advantage of the fame and popularity of the first person.

@eLdavis . Yes, and I am thankful that they have developed a good taste for music. Maybe they grew up listening to the music that we played and developed a liking for it. Both my girls are into music. Elder one plays keyboard and guitar. Younger one is into vocal classical training. She also plays keyboard and recorder ( basic recorder). They have inherited these from my mom, dad and brother. We grew up in a family that was very inclined for music.

@eLdavis . Yes, and I am thankful that they have developed a good taste for music. Maybe they grew up listening to the music that we played and developed a liking for it. Both my girls are into music. Elder one plays keyboard and guitar. Younger one is into vocal classical training. She also plays keyboard and recorder ( basic recorder). They have inherited these from my mom, dad and brother. We grew up in a family that was very inclined for music.
Mmm that's awesome, more like my family. My elder brother plays the keyboard and also sings, then I have three sisters before one. One sings, the other plays keyboard and the one before me plays the keyboard and base guitar. Then I play the drums

Mmm that's awesome, more like my family. My elder brother plays the keyboard and also sings, then I have three sisters before one. One sings, the other plays keyboard and the one before me plays the keyboard and base guitar. Then I play the drums
Wow! That sounds awesome. I am sure that you have your own family band when you meet for any of your family get togethers. I feel that it's a blessing to have a musical talent. And it's also a great bonding time with friends and family. And while doing it, you find a deeper connection to your inner self.

No I don't think the modern music is awful, We do prefer the 90s Music and its a classic but we should also appreciate the present day Music creators

Of course, I'm just speaking of western popular music. I don't know the situation outside of it. Perhaps the music is still good there because they're not controlled by western record companies.

No I don't think the modern music is awful, We do prefer the 90s Music and its a classic but we should also appreciate the present day Music creators
Of course we appreciate the modern day music producers, those good ones at least. The problem is that nowadays there are not many good music anymore.

It's good that even in modern times, there are musicians who have their souls put in creating music. We too have soulful songs that are somewhere lost in all the noise. If more people patronize the soulful good music, I am sure that more and more musicians will be encouraged to make good music

Today's music is complete trash and has been so since the 1990s. It's noise, not music and as others here have said, there are no decent lyrics and melodies anymore. Where is today's equivalent, for instance, of 'Imagine', 'Hey Jude', 'He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother', 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'Paint It Black' and similar? The last song that can genuinely be called a classic is 'The Living Years' by Mike and the Mechanics.

I've stopped listening.

I would say that artistic sense and the creativity has overall deteriorated in most of the societies. Our lifestyle is getting faster. We have more noise in our lives than before. Technology that was supposed to be our assistant and slave is actually making us it's slave. Younger generations are born to this fast paced technology addicted world with ever increasing noise. There is no calmness and patience to create something soulful. The humane aspect is coming to depletion in every aspect of human life.

Of course we appreciate the modern day music producers, those good ones at least. The problem is that nowadays there are not many good music anymore.
I have to agree but still there are a few that are really good and I really appreciate them as much as I like the older ones

Most modern music today lack good lyrics, all they talk about is women, sex or money. Gone are the days where music talks about the issues in the world today, or makes you think deep.
I do not think that it is good, it will give a wrong idea to mens that any women on the street will be subject of relationship outside marriage and increase rate of crime because a women could simply refuse the purposal of this rude person so he uses his force to attend his objective.

Back