Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Is modern music awful?

Most modern music today lack good lyrics, all they talk about is women, sex or money. Gone are the days where music talks about the issues in the world today, or makes you think deep.

I agree with it, in modern music lyrics is not as good as it used to be in the past. Moreover they music is so loud and not melodious.

I agree with it, in modern music lyrics is not as good as it used to be in the past. Moreover they music is so loud and not melodious.
Exactly, they just spend millions of dollars on making their music videos and then they assume that is all they need.

I agree with the comments here and especially since the 2010 or maybe 2000, it's been especially true.

I agree with the comments here and especially since the 2010 or maybe 2000, it's been especially true.
And what scares me most is if we are having this kind of music right now, what would music be like in the next five or ten years.

Gone are the days when we have great singers that dish out good music for us. Now we have people who sings whatever comes to their minds without caring for meaning.

Today, even if the singers don't have a good voice, their songs get liked because the taste of the audience has also changed in recent years. Now, maybe they don't give much importance to the lyrics and voice but to the music.

I can't make a general statement that all music in present days are awful. But yes, I would say that the quality of music overall has definitely come down, be it lyrics, singing, emotions in the voice etc.

I can't make a general statement that all music in present days are awful. But yes, I would say that the quality of music overall has definitely come down, be it lyrics, singing, emotions in the voice etc.
Exactly, the quality of music nowadays as really declined. The funny thing is that many people out there don't realize that, whatever music is thrown or shoved than our throat you see a lot of people singing and vibing to it, even if the music is not making any sense.

But how would they realize this? Many of them grew up hearing this kind of music, so them this is completely normal.

@Teegold . Exactly! They won't realise it because they are born in this age and have been served this only. They have developed a taste and liking for it.
Glad that still in this era, there are some musicians, lyricists and singers who give soulful songs.

@Teegold . Exactly! They won't realise it because they are born in this age and have been served this only. They have developed a taste and liking for it.
Glad that still in this era, there are some musicians, lyricists and singers who give soulful songs.
Speaking of those musicians, I believe that the likes of J Cole, Enísà and John Legend are still trying with good songs. But they are the minority. What other musicians do you think are still good?

True they now see the songs they come across now as normal, while the ones we talk about back then as weird or not making sense.

Speaking of those musicians, I believe that the likes of J Cole, Enísà and John Legend are still trying with good songs. But they are the minority. What other musicians do you think are still good?
For sure, they aren't getting airplay probably.

True they now see the songs they come across now as normal, while the ones we talk about back then as weird or not making sense.
They refer to those songs as old school and outdated, not knowing those were the days good music peaked.

Exactly, anyways it's all good. I pray one day they get understanding.

Have you heard about Lata Mangeshkar, she was called "nightingale of India". She had a very good voice. She sang lots of songs for Bollywood movies. She was very famous in countries where Hindi movies are popular.

Have you heard about Lata Mangeshkar, she was called "nightingale of India". She had a very good voice. She sang lots of songs for Bollywood movies. She was very famous in countries where Hindi movies are popular.
I have never heard of her before, but if she had sang lots of songs for Bollywood movies, then it's possible I might have heard some of them before.

You can search here on Google , you will find songs sung by her. Listen to her voice you find what magical voice she had

Back