Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Is it worth making furniture for the house with your own hands?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
Of course, if you don't know how to make furniture, you shouldn't start, but if you have certain skills, is it worth doing it yourself and is it worth the time spent? Because my father made furniture by himself in order to save money in his childhood, and it may have been financially profitable, but it took a lot of time. He spent more than a week of continuous work on making the bed.

If you are very skilled with this job, you can certainly try this. However, I have seen how semi skilled people have created lousy furniture by doing it themselves. By the way, I once made a small table for my laptop. I think it was pretty decent. I was using it until my kid broke the furniture by standing on it.

If you are very skilled with this job, you can certainly try this. However, I have seen how semi skilled people have created lousy furniture by doing it themselves. By the way, I once made a small table for my laptop. I think it was pretty decent. I was using it until my kid broke the furniture by standing on it.
Also, after I got some knowledge in school, I tried to make some product with my own hands and before I did it, I spent a lot of time and also I used a lot of extra material and also money. However, now it is more for decoration because it is unlikely to withstand the weight of a person

If you have the skills, and the materials needed, then I believe irs definitely okay doing it yourself. This would help you save more on the long run.

If you have the skills, and the materials needed, then I believe irs definitely okay doing it yourself. This would help you save more on the long run.
In my opinion, this is just cool and not profitable in any case, because it takes much more time and it also costs a lot more money, because for yourself you will buy only the best materials, but this is the only benefit that you will get a reliable product, even better than the most expensive in shop

I am not skilled in that art. I leave it to the people who do it as their regular job.

There are things you can do and cannot. This one is in the list where I take expert help.

I am not skilled in that art. I leave it to the people who do it as their regular job.

There are things you can do and cannot. This one is in the list where I take expert help.
That's right, because if you don't know how, it's better to give money to a person who knows how, and she will also be able to feed her smu and it's a good balance, because you don't have to do everything yourself. However, if there is such a desire, you can try using simple materials and make something insignificant

Yes, don't try to do everything. Be good at what you do. Use the fallback option.

If you can afford, get the right people do the right job. That will ensure that things are good and they way they should be.

Anything you can do for yourself, you would keep the money that you would have spent on it for something else. I really can't make furniture but if anyone can, they should do it by themselves. You don't get rich by paying for everything.

I recently bought a dining table online. It was not a good one but the deal was good money-wise. The look and feel was nice but the build quality was not impressive. It works though, does the job for now.

It's a good idea only if you are good at wood and furniture work and skilled otherwise it's tough

Anything you can do for yourself, you would keep the money that you would have spent on it for something else. I really can't make furniture but if anyone can, they should do it by themselves. You don't get rich by paying for everything.
It is a correct opinion, because if there are opportunities, then it is necessary to use them. A lot of people say that if they buy, they will save time, and this is true, but some people will not earn that much for the time when they make some part, and in this case it is more profitable to do it yourself and save a lot of money

I believe that this question is for those that already have the skills of furniture making, at least to an extent. If I do, then I don't see why I shouldn't make my furnitures by myself. It will definitely save money and of course, I will be getting better at it.

I believe that making furniture by hand can be a very rewarding and worthwhile endeavor, though it does require a significant time and skill investment. The satisfaction of designing and crafting a unique, custom piece for your home is unmatched.

Most of us cannot construct furniture by hand so it's just a necessity to buy it from a store. There really is no choice in the matter.

Yes it's better that way. If I cannot do something, I simply pay someone who can rather than stressing myself over it.

Furniture making is a profitable job and requires high skills for the same. There are small carpentry jobs that someone can do in his or her home. We have lots of furniture shops here, and most of the people buy furniture that is unique and good in design.

It's not ane as easy job and you need to be skilled to be able to make furniture with your own hands and if you can then its best

Featured Articles

Back