Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Internet and Mobile Plans will be Expensive From Tomorrow

We share the price of internet between me and my elder brother. And connection has a good speed. I feel it's the best plan I can get with this much money.

$24 is very small in the Philippines when the conversion of it is concerned That is the least internet bill. I am the only user though it has a router good for 12 users at one time. My sister is also a solo user of her internet but now my other sister is hitching it.
That's good to know. Ours costs almost half of that and our whole family uses that Wifi. I will have to see what comes for the next month bill to see how it has actually impacted us.

It's fine if it's less for you and finding it the best because we cannot compare internet plans between different countries.

That's good to know. Ours costs almost half of that and our whole family uses that Wifi. I will have to see what comes for the next month bill to see how it has actually impacted us.

But this year hathway has told that they are going to increase the rates. I also share this connection with my elder brother

@Sanjeev. I too read the news. The month is anyways coming to end. We just need to wait for few more days and see how much of difference do we get. Let's hope that it is just a little increase and doesn't impact us much. Internet has become a big necessity and it should stay affordable.

My internet has a cable inclusive and telephone landline which is why it is billed at $24, but I requested the company to allow me to lock the long-distance calls because the bill may reach heaven. My young nieces just came to call their parents abroad and this time, no more calling abroad, lol. But the kiddos are wise, they use their messenger.

My internet has a cable inclusive and telephone landline which is why it is billed at $24, but I requested the company to allow me to lock the long-distance calls because the bill may reach heaven. My young nieces just came to call their parents abroad and this time, no more calling abroad, lol. But the kiddos are wise, they use their messenger.
Yes they can call on WhatsApp or other messenger which will only take Internet data and no extra charge for calls

Ours also includes the landline and here too I hate not taken the abroad calling feature. We have lots of friends and family living abroad. We have to call them almost daily or at least a few times in a week. I use my WhatsApp for that. WhatsApp group calls are best to connect to a few of them at once

I have a postpaid connection for which my company pays so I don't have to worry much about it but I do need to recharge my parents smartphones

The wifi connection and my husband's mobile data is paid by his company. We all use the same WiFi. But yes, I have to pay for my phone. But it comes out reasonable as we have a family plan.

We have to bear the new hike but to compensate for this I got my phone recharged for an annual plan

We have to bear the new hike but to compensate for this I got my phone recharged for an annual plan
So, you have taken a pre paid annual plan? That might save you from the increased rate. So, you are safe to go till your annual plan lasts. But I am sure that the rate will be reflected if someone takes the plan now or renews it.

We should now expect these hikes coming every year because there are lesser number of telecom operators and they are working like one to earn more revenue

What a things of distraction is this though the world is trying to become what it is but definitely I will find my way to ensure I get it well

There would be an increase for sure. But I am anticipating it to be not much. Internet has become a basic need in today's life. A steep increase would not be taken well.

So, you have taken a pre paid annual plan? That might save you from the increased rate. So, you are safe to go till your annual plan lasts. But I am sure that the rate will be reflected if someone takes the plan now or renews it.
Yes I went for it and at least I'll save money for a year and hopefully there will be better plans after a year

Yes I went for it and at least I'll save money for a year and hopefully there will be better plans after a year
Let's hope for the same. Good for you. I will be getting my bill in a week. Let's see how much is the increase in the bill. This would be the first bill after this hike has been introduced

Let's hope for the same. Good for you. I will be getting my bill in a week. Let's see how much is the increase in the bill. This would be the first bill after this hike has been introduced
I hope there is not much increase in your bill but we cannot expect them to provide service at same prices and they'll increase prices after some time

I hope there is not much increase in your bill but we cannot expect them to provide service at same prices and they'll increase prices after some time
That's true and it's fair in all senses. All the businesses have to consider the factor of inflation. They too have to run a profitable business. And pay their employees. They can not be untouched by the inflation around them.

That's true and it's fair in all senses. All the businesses have to consider the factor of inflation. They too have to run a profitable business. And pay their employees. They can not be untouched by the inflation around them.
These companies were planning to earn minimum $2.5 per account and they have already achieved that so hopefully there won't be any increase at least for a year

Back