Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Internet and Mobile Plans will be Expensive From Tomorrow

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
In India Mobile and Internet plans will be hiked from tomorrow and this hike is almost 25% of the prevailing prices so now we have to pay extra money to enjoy the Internet and to make calls.

Oh, that's sad. I didn't read the news. It will be difficult for people now to enjoy the internet,, especially for those who find it hard to spend money on their mobile data.

And the problem is all 3 major telecoms announced this and it will be effective from tomorrow so now you don't have any choice

I think it has already happened here, the price of data has gone up and the worse part is that the data does not even last.

And the problem is all 3 major telecoms announced this and it will be effective from tomorrow so now you don't have any choice

I didn't see the latest news. The companies know that now internet is a basic requirement for people so they won't hesitate to spend money on it

Oh! I missed this news. I have to see the updates. It will not come up well with anyone, especially when the country has been enjoying one of the cheapest Internet so far. Let's see how this goes.

Its already increased, will be a shock for those who missed the news and not witnessing almost 25% hike

After this thread, I went to check the news. Yes , it's effective now and it would be reflected in our bills next month. It's definitely going to pinch everyone, especially when everything around is inflated too.

Yes they have increased the prices of postpaid plans too so even those that are on postpaid will face the heat of this hike

Well, we have to wait for the next month bill and see how much of impact does it actually bring. The plan has been effective from this month only. We are on post paid bill mode and our next bill only will reflect as to how much of difference does it actually make.

I think Postpaid plans were also increased so you can expect an increase in the bill, although there are rumours that JIO will reduce its rates but I don't think they will

There are many internet providers in the Philippines. In the city where I live alone there are 21 Internet providers which is why my Internet bill monthly is only $24. It's 24 /7 unlimited. At home we have Parasat and Converge. Converge is my sisters internet provider mine, Parasat.

There are many internet providers in the Philippines. In the city where I live alone there are 21 Internet providers which is why my Internet bill monthly is only $24. It's 24 /7 unlimited. At home we have Parasat and Converge. Converge is my sisters internet provider mine, Parasat.
You know it's still expensive because in my city you can get this for only $10

You know it's still expensive because in my city you can get this for only $10
That amount here is only good for loading a mobile phone, lol. Our intent here is 24/7 unlimited rain or shine. It has a router and my neighbors sometimes hitch and give them my password. But when I am not at home, I put off mu internet to give it a rest too.

That would be very terribly for sure. Imagine spending too much for internet.

That amount here is only good for loading a mobile phone, lol. Our intent here is 24/7 unlimited rain or shine. It has a router and my neighbors sometimes hitch and give them my password. But when I am not at home, I put off mu internet to give it a rest too.
That's good then because otherwise you are paying a very high price and Internet is actually expensive in most parts of the world and now they are increasing the prices in my country too

I think Postpaid plans were also increased so you can expect an increase in the bill, although there are rumours that JIO will reduce its rates but I don't think they will
Hmm... let's see what comes finally in the next month's bill. I don't have Jio subscription.
That would be a bit High for us. We get a very good internet 24/7 at a good speed at almost half that rate. The Internet provider market here has many good players and consumers are benefitted. We have one of the cheapest rate for a very good quality Internet in the world. I once watched a documentary about the same on some news channel.

It's still cheaper than yours here. I pay only $50 a year for my wifi for unlimited access. We have paid money until April 2025 and hope the rates will increase next year. That was going to happen, as internet-provider companies know that people are totally dependent on the internet and can't do anything if the price is increased.

It's still cheaper than yours here. I pay only $50 a year for my wifi for unlimited access. We have paid money until April 2025 and hope the rates will increase next year. That was going to happen, as internet-provider companies know that people are totally dependent on the internet and can't do anything if the price is increased.
You have a valid point here. These ISP and Telecom operators know we are relying heavily on them so they can increase prices mutually so we are not left with a choice

Hmm... let's see what comes finally in the next month's bill. I don't have Jio subscription.

That would be a bit High for us. We get a very good internet 24/7 at a good speed at almost half that rate. The Internet provider market here has many good players and consumers are benefitted. We have one of the cheapest rate for a very good quality Internet in the world. I once watched a documentary about the same on some news channel.
$24 is very small in the Philippines when the conversion of it is concerned That is the least internet bill. I am the only user though it has a router good for 12 users at one time. My sister is also a solo user of her internet but now my other sister is hitching it.

Back