Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Music If you could have dinner with any musician, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

I would love to have that dinner with 2Pac and I would love to ask him where he used to get such lyrical depth from. I would ask him how easy it was for him to tell big stories with lyrics.

None other than Sidhu Moosewala, He's no longer between us but is a legend

We never heard of him before his death. But I have heard his songs. He had a good voice and a good singing style. Maybe in Punjab he was very famous.

Sidhu was a great personality and have it's unique style but because of his aggressive style he was always in news for wrong reasons

Sidhu was a great personality and have it's unique style but because of his aggressive style he was always in news for wrong reasons

I think you're from India so you know about Sidhu. I guess he was not famous outside India.

She is no more with us. Recently we lost this legendary singer from India. Lata Mangeshkar would be my first choice. I admired her singing from childhood. Her songs are timeless and she sang for a long span, almost four generations of the family enjoyed her. She is irreplaceable. A true wonder of Natural gift

That's so true about her. Infact her whole family was in music industry. Maybe she has good voice in her genes. Today also when I listen to her 50 years old songs , it makes me so relax. She will always be remember for her voice.

That's so true about her. Infact her whole family was in music industry. Maybe she has good voice in her genes. Today also when I listen to her 50 years old songs , it makes me so relax. She will always be remember for her voice.
Yes, their genes is blessed with good music. A truly gifted family with Goddess Saraswati smiling at them. All the four sisters are so good. And the brother would be one of the greatest one too giving some really soulful music to us. I felt like listening to Lata and Asha duet " Mann kyun behka re behka" in the morning and I have played and replayed it so many times.

I think you're from India so you know about Sidhu. I guess he was not famous outside India.
LOL Sidhu is so popular in Canada, the US the UK and even in Nigeria too, He has a huge fan following in different countries and even now his songs are on billboard

Sidhu Moose wala was quite a known popular face amongst Punjabis across the globe. He had his own fan club. I didn't know him till the news of his death made headlines. I am not into such kind of music. But he has a huge fan base with people who have their taste in that kind of music.

I was aware of him but was never interested in his songs but I used to like one of his songs " Dollar" but when news of his death broke out, I felt bad and one day I started playing his music on Youtube and really liked most of his songs and from that day whenever I am in mood to listen music I have him on on youtube on another tab.

I had never heard of his name till he was shot dead. I searched and heard a couple of songs but couldn't develop any interest. There are very soulful Punjabi songs with good lyrics that I liked as I grew up in Delhi with Punjabi friends. But have not found that quality in recent times. It's all loud and somehow I don't like the lyrics. I might not have heard good ones lately. Recently had an encounter with Pastooni on YouTube and that despite modern flavour was good. I have heard it a few times.

I can imagine because many does not like him because of his overly aggressive attitude and he likes to sing his mind and in a very short time he was so popular and also developed a sense of jealousy between other singers as they were losing money because of him as he was getting all the views and likes

Since I was born and now I am getting old, I have always loved Michael Jackson. He's a king of Pop, I have always admired him and how he always sing. His handsomeness is another thing that made me to love him more.
Yes Michael Jackson was a legend and I doubt there is anyone who has been able to reach his level till now. He was able to dominate that much even without the help of social media.

Yes I am from India and he's quite popular in India and also in Pakistan and in every country where there are people from India or Punjab but I never liked him because of his singing style

LOL Sidhu is so popular in Canada, the US the UK and even in Nigeria too, He has a huge fan following in different countries and even now his songs are on billboard

He is only famous in the Punjabi community not many people other than Punjabis know him. Even I also never heard of him before he was shot dead and remained in the news for several days. I like his song 295 which became popular after his death. My son is a fan of Sidhu Mosse wala.

He was so arrogant and likes to even abuse in his songs and that's why I never liked his songs but I cannot deny that he's so popular in different countries.

I don't know much about him, but I think he might have some connections with the terrorists; that's why he was killed. He seems arrogant, which was evident on his face. There are many celebrities here who have connections with Mafias and fund them to spread terrorism.

I can imagine because many does not like him because of his overly aggressive attitude and he likes to sing his mind and in a very short time he was so popular and also developed a sense of jealousy between other singers as they were losing money because of him as he was getting all the views and likes
Speaking his mind...well that's one thing highly abused in today's times. Well, my comments are not specific about him. But yes, freedom to speak your mind is definitely abused these days everywhere. Insensitive comments, absurd and foul languages, hurting sentiments...and all this is justified with the statement of speaking their mind. Somehow people have to realise that every freedom comes with a Responsibility. There has to be a line and boundary to be respected. If everyone gets in that arrogance of speaking their mind without being sensitive to others, it would be a chaotic jungle.
Not sure much about him. But I guess this youth and his family paid a huge price for that. A young life was lost. That's unfortunate!

Yes Michael Jackson was a legend and I doubt there is anyone who has been able to reach his level till now. He was able to dominate that much even without the help of social media.
He was a great man. His legacy is still living among us till date. Sometimes, I wish he wasn't died. I wished that he's still alive to see how he made an impact to the world. I will always love Michael Jackson.

I would agree there. Michael Jackson was a legend and had a huge global fan following. Though he is gone, his fan base is still intact. My husband is among his crazy fans. He took several days to master his moonwalk step. Though my husband is in his 50s now, he would still do that signature moonwalk step. He even tries to teach it to my daughters. He used to perform his dance steps on his songs in his college.

Back