Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How many kids do you want?

Why don't you like kids?

Yes, in many countries youngsters are asked to marry and have kids compulsorily. We also have that mindset of people here. You can't stay unmarried and have kids.
I believe it is all the matter of moral standards in your country. They feel that having kids out of wedlock is a shame or something. And most parents would want to see their children have kids so that they will also be known as grandparents.

Exactly, you for my point. That's what most of the elders here think. They want to see their generation grow.

Exactly, you for my point. That's what most of the elders here think. They want to see their generation grow.
In the end, all they want is the best for their kids. As I grow older I'm beginning to see things from their perspective.

Why don't you like kids?
I don't have enough money to raise a kid. The world is ugly and violent. I don't want to bring a kid into that. Plus, I'd be scared my kid would have the mental issues I have. I struggled a LOT growing up. I couldn't put my kid through that.

Besides, little kids touch everything, break stuff, and don't know how to pet animals. lol

Yes, in many countries youngsters are asked to marry and have kids compulsorily. We also have that mindset of people here. You can't stay unmarried and have kids.
That's a real shame. There's more to life than just popping out babies.

I don't have enough money to raise a kid. The world is ugly and violent. I don't want to bring a kid into that. Plus, I'd be scared my kid would have the mental issues I have. I struggled a LOT growing up. I couldn't put my kid through that.

Besides, little kids touch everything, break stuff, and don't know how to pet animals. lol

Sorry to know about you!!

World is not violent and ugly. There are good people too, you need to explore them.

That's a legit reason though, there are times where I just sit back and think if I would even be able to raise my kids the right way when I finally get married and have kids, but I will never know until I try. The fact that you are able to realize and worry about all these things shows that you will do a lot better.

World is not violent and ugly. There are good people too, you need to explore them.
I don't doubt it. But sadly, all I see around the world is death, war, endless fighting, destruction, horrible violence against women, and on and on. I've also personally seen some of the worst in humanity. I'm done. I will take care of my family and my friends. The rest of the world can go to hell. Just my personal opinion.
That's a legit reason though, there are times where I just sit back and think if I would even be able to raise my kids the right way when I finally get married and have kids, but I will never know until I try. The fact that you are able to realize and worry about all these things shows that you will do a lot better.
I'll admit, I have the instinct to procreate, but honestly, I just don't want kids....

Many people don't want kids though they want to procreate. Somewhere they feel that can't do justice to the child and be a good parent. Well, the truth is that everyone on parenting journey goes through challenges and keeps questioning if they are a good parent or not. This is very natural and shouldn't prevent you from wanting kids. Yes, if it's some financial and medical reasons, it makes sense.

Many people don't want kids though they want to procreate. Somewhere they feel that can't do justice to the child and be a good parent. Well, the truth is that everyone on parenting journey goes through challenges and keeps questioning if they are a good parent or not. This is very natural and shouldn't prevent you from wanting kids. Yes, if it's some financial and medical reasons, it makes sense.
Those kind of doubts are natural, especially for people who have not had the experience of parenting before. But they have to start from somewhere, and is it goes, they learn how to be good parents.

Back