Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

How many hours do you spend on TikTok a week?

svjiminfxv

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I don't spend as much time on TikTok as I used to.
This week I have spent 4 hours and 24 minutes on TikTok.

How many hours have you spent on TikTok this week?

I don't use it as it's for young people and I cannot relate to them.

I don't have TikTok on my smartphone or laptop. I've never created an account on TikTok for now, so I'm not using it. It's only Facebook and Instagram I'm using for now.

So far this week, I've spent two hours and twenty-four-minutes on TikTok alone. It becomes so freaking addictive especially whenever I cannot sleep or need a good laugh at something. My saved videos are overfilled right now, whoops. 😂

Honestly, I don't know how many hours I spend on tiktok everyday or even weekly because all I can tell you is that I spend a lot of time on tiktok. It is the only social media platform which I am using frequently more than the others.

Zero actually because it is banned in India, hehe. But yeah, if you can consider the alternatives to TikTok like Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts, I spend about 4 to 5 hours a week. During long weekends, it gets a bit more than that as well. Probably touches the 6 hours mark.

Tiktok is one of the social media platform that I have never downloaded on my phone. I always look at it as a platform that is just for posting videos and not to make a lot of money. So, I try to avoid such platform. I use more of the X app for marketing my business.

I used to spend too much time on TikTok but just recently, I have found that I have been playing mobile games such as Monopoly Go a lot more on my phone and have not been going on TikTok as much as I used to.

I used to jump on TikTok, lose track of time and sometimes be on it for 3-4 hours without realizing it.

I just spend 10 minutes in the morning to make a show and see what is happening and leave even without commenting on anything because the purpose is to see if there is something new or not. But I do not even post content because nothing special in my life.

I used to spend too much time on TikTok but just recently, I have found that I have been playing mobile games such as Monopoly Go a lot more on my phone and have not been going on TikTok as much as I used to.

I used to jump on TikTok, lose track of time and sometimes be on it for 3-4 hours without realizing it.

The thing is that playing games is more exciting to me than watching videos on YouTube or Tiktok. I am happier when I play games and achieve the desired success that I want than when I sit and watch some reels from Tiktok. Never the best experience for me.

I am not a content consumer on TikTok, I am advertiser. I sometime run ads on Tiktok to drive sales on my store. Therefore, I visit Tiktok only when I am running ads, otherwise, I do not visit TikTok. I have been thinking to use tiktok for content sharing, and I might start using it more. Tiktok has a younger demography which are my buyers.

Last edited:
None. I do not like TikTok.

The fact that it has Chinese links makes it scary as well. I like China for its culture and abundance. But not enough to trust a streaming service they can influence.

I created an account in Tiktok, but I did not use it for a long time because I noticed that I spend a lot of time on it, as soon as I had free time, I immediately went and watched videos that I did not need. I've deleted it now and don't use it at all, but I'm starting to have the same problems with Instagram, so I'll probably have to delete it too

The Indian government has banned 59 Chinese-owned apps over cybersecurity concerns, including the likes of TikTok and WeChat As an Indian lemme tell u something this was the best decision our Prime Minister could have ever taken

I am not using more than ten minutes every day. I just focus on what is new and then move on to another thing because rarely do you find something interesting. Most are random folks and don't be in the level of your interest.

The Indian government has banned 59 Chinese-owned apps over cybersecurity concerns, including the likes of TikTok and WeChat As an Indian lemme tell u something this was the best decision our Prime Minister could have ever taken
And why did they block it? In my opinion, this is also a good decision, but why did they make it? Do they think that this is a threat to the country or just to prevent people from doing things that are not beneficial? Although I don't like Tiktok, but if they made it for the people, isn't it a fact that everyone liked it?

A straightforward question for you is why Chinese social media apps are allowed worldwide but apps made outside of China are not allowed in China.

A straightforward question for you is why Chinese social media apps are allowed worldwide but apps made outside of China are not allowed in China.
I don't know, maybe because China is a communist country and they consider all these applications dangerous for them. But I was just curious about the reason why you were blocked because I would not mind if my country did the same. Has China also blocked Indian sites on its territory?

Featured Articles

Back