Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

How do I start strength training as a beginner?

Flower

Off The Mark

Reaction score
I would love members to share advice and I would also want us to talk more about the appropriate exercise and design a workout routine in order to build strength. We should talk more about the techniques and form we need to build our strength as a beginner.

If you are starting out make sure you have someone to assist you. If you do not have anyone to assist you and you start strengthen training you might hurt yourself. Start with dumb bells, that's the best tools for beginners. Do not start training on machines immediately

As a strength training beginner, start slowly and focus on learning proper form with lighter weights. Don't ego lift - use weights challenging enough to feel the burn on the last couple reps. Concentrate on compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, pushups, and rows that work multiple muscle groups. Aim for 2-3 full body sessions per week, allowing muscles to rest and recover between. Be patient and consistent.

Start with situps to strengthen your core and spend time on an exercise bike to build up your cardio and slowly move on from there.

I believe that while we are talking about the techniques that we can use as beginners that are doing strength training, it is important to also understand that without consistency we will end up achieving very little at the end of the day.

The most important thing is focusing on building from the start. You should believe that you are doing something right as you train.

Starting as a beginner is never easy, but one needs to stay put and focused on building so as to achieve the maximum goal at the end of the day.

I think having an expert to put you through would be better, cause when it comes to strength training, there are certain kind of exercise you need to do, certain kind of food you need to eat as well.

To be perfectly honest, starting strength training as a beginner could be something that is intimidating but it's worth mentioning that each and every individual has to start somewhere and one could start by taking the first step.

From my perspective , considering your fitness goals and consulting with someone who is a certified personal trainer might be a very good step because it is important to have a professional to guide you through the form and technique and that will help to prevent injuries and also ensure effective workout as well.

It is not a secret that when you are consistent, it is a key to start strength training. It is funny how it works for so many people because even small regular exercise can lead to a lot of improvement over time. It is important to know that between you and me should not be discouraged if the progress on your training seems to be very slow at first.

From where I stand, beginning with a basic exercise like squat deadlifts and bench presses can be very beneficial and it's a very good foundation. As strange as it may sound, it is good to focus on mastering this type of movement before you can start to think of having more complexity .

As a girl, I can't write much about it because I work in the gym only to improve my figure and not to gain strength, but I also work with dumbbells. For a postman, it is worth starting with a small weight and the most important thing is the warm-up, because at first the muscles are not adapted to the loads. You should also change your diet and eat a lot of protein food in order to grow muscles

Featured Articles

Back