Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Home remedies for a stuffy nose

xboxfoxy

Reaction score
For the last couple of days I've been experiencing flu like symptoms and the main issue I have is a stuffy nose, I cannot breath through my nose! 😠 OTC meds are not working, what do you do for your nasal congestion?

@xboxfoxy why are you having the crying reaction my friend 😂? The video looks very greesy but it looked like it's working very well for clogged nose. I had to watch other related videos on TikTok by different people who tried using garlic, they had good results. I wouldn't mind experimenting with this one day.

@xboxfoxy why are you having the crying reaction my friend 😂? The video looks very greesy but it looked like it's working very well for clogged nose. I had to watch other related videos on TikTok by different people who tried using garlic, they had good results. I wouldn't mind experimenting with this one day.
You are correct, don't knock it until you've tried it! Right? I'll give it a try next time I get sick.. and I'll do a follow-up for all.

Have you tried the steam option? Bowl of hot water with a towel over your head and breathe in the steam for a short while.

I make water with a little salt and apply some drops. That clears my nose pretty fast.

Have you tried the steam option? Bowl of hot water with a towel over your head and breathe in the steam for a short while.
I have not, but OMG you just unlocked a memory, my mother used to do that! I believe she did that trick to open up her pores and do facial masks though!

I can remember my mother doing this for me very often when I was a kid. She would also add balm(something with mentol smell) in it. She will hold me down with the towel until I feel like I'm about passing out. I would never try such a thing again in my life.

This is a really effective way to get rid of stuffy nose. I was recently down with cold and taking steam really helped me a lot. It clears the nose so easily. You should try it. Trust me, it'll work.

This is a really effective way to get rid of stuffy nose. I was recently down with cold and taking steam really helped me a lot. It clears the nose so easily. You should try it. Trust me, it'll work.
Our mothers are like old magical creatures. They know how to do things which we can't imagine. How they were able to figure out how to use the steaming method to cure stuffy nose. Mothers will always be a blessing to us. It's why the death of any mother is very painful.

There is a solution of that is the water of the sea. If you save it on the house on bottle of water it could remedies for stuffy nose in winter of season. It could solve the problem instantly without much hastle.

There is a solution of that is the water of the sea. If you save it on the house on bottle of water it could remedies for stuffy nose in winter of season. It could solve the problem instantly without much hastle.
Interesing, like beach water? If so, how exactly do you use it, boil it and use it's steam?

Interesing, like beach water? If so, how exactly do you use it, boil it and use it's steam?
When summer arrives each time I go to the sea then I bring with me into the car 5 or 6 empty bottles to fill with beach water for that purpose. I save them at home. In the winter season, for any illness like the flu then I bring a bottle of water and try his water that has an immediate effect to stop the flu.

When summer arrives each time I go to the sea then I bring with me into the car 5 or 6 empty bottles to fill with beach water for that purpose. I save them at home. In the winter season, for any illness like the flu then I bring a bottle of water and try his water that has an immediate effect to stop the flu.
This sounds weird if I'm being seriously honest with you. Isn't the sea water suppose to be salty? Are you supposed to apply the water on your nose or drink? How would you make use of the sea's salt water for it to cure illness like the flu and blocked nose?

This sounds weird if I'm being seriously honest with you. Isn't the sea water suppose to be salty? Are you supposed to apply the water on your nose or drink? How would you make use of the sea's salt water for it to cure illness like the flu and blocked nose?
The salt is the reason behind repair this problem as it has effect reverse to the flu and this is why I am using it frequently. You may be surprised as you did not try it but it has immediate effect.

The salt is the reason behind repair this problem as it has effect reverse to the flu and this is why I am using it frequently. You may be surprised as you did not try it but it has immediate effect.
I have figured out that maybe it was the salt which helps to work as a remedy for such sicknesses but what I need to know and understand is how it's being used to achieve the purpose? Do you drink it or apply it? If you are drinking it, how safe is it to drink sea water without having any side effects?

I have figured out that maybe it was the salt which helps to work as a remedy for such sicknesses but what I need to know and understand is how it's being used to achieve the purpose? Do you drink it or apply it? If you are drinking it, how safe is it to drink sea water without having any side effects?
I do not drink it but I apply it directly to my noise as this salt has a reverse effect on the flu and then after some attempt everything is back to normal. You may try it and you will discover difference.

I do not drink it but I apply it directly to my noise as this salt has a reverse effect on the flu and then after some attempt everything is back to normal. You may try it and you will discover difference.
Now that I have been able to understand how you make use of the sea salt water, I might look at using it when next I have access to the sea water. I might be going to the beach next month. I will collect some sea water and keep them in case I will need it.

I've seen several videos on TikTok where they use garlic to fix this issue of blocked nose. You should try it out and see if it works for you.

This looks creepy but it sure works very well. I've never tried it but from the video, it looks to be effective.

This looks creepy but it sure works very well. I've never tried it but from the video, it looks to be effective.
I would not call it creepy but disgusting because how the stuffs are coming out from the nose. If someone told me that quantity of clogged mucus is inside the nose, I would not believe it. This have shown they garlic is very medicinal in a big way.

Back