Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Contest will be announced within the next day or so! Stay tuned!

Have you ever used the services of a lawyer?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I use When I opened my business, which does not exist now, I knew almost nothing and I needed advice in order not to violate any laws. Although yogo services were very expensive

The only time I have had needed the services was when I wanted to do an affidavit of attestation for my college admission. The only other time I was close to have needed a lawyer was when we needed to do a land agreement.

Yes I have when I got my last assault charge. (he had it coming to him) :cool:

Not personally but at work. We used to need to talk to lawyers for many things that has gone wrong or set up ToS when we submit documents of serious nature.

I have used the services of a lawyer when I was arrested in a raid ans and I had to bail myself out. They were looking for suspected kidnappers which they fortunately arrested within the premises I was during the raid but so many innocent people were arrested in the raid. I needed a lawyer to process my bail.

That's unfortunate. I hope you didn't have to go through a lot. Sometimes the whole experience can go nasty. Especially when they are not sure who the culprit is.

I needed a lawyer to help evict a tenant out of my compound. I had given him sufficient notice to pack out but he refused and lived rent free for more than a year. I got a lawyer to charge him to court and he packed out immediately.

You are lucky. Such adamant beings normally won't pack out even with legal action looming. I think your place got a swift way of handling such cases.

I have never had a reason to need a lawyer so far, though I have people around me who have made use of lawyers for various reasons.

Yes, I have had to enlist the help of a lawyer on a couple of occasions. The first time was for finalizing paperwork when purchasing my first home. having competent legal counsel to ensure all contracts and fine print were in order gave me peace of mind. More recently, I consulted a lawyer to navigate some complicated tax issues after an inheritance.

I never stuck in a situation where I had to take service of a lawyer. I know couple of lawyers who are my friend, I will take their service if I get in to the situation where I feel I need their service.

I never stuck in a situation where I had to take service of a lawyer. I know couple of lawyers who are my friend, I will take their service if I get in to the situation where I feel I need their service.
Same here, I have a relative who is a lawyer, but I have never been in a situation where I needed one, And I hope the only time I would need one is when I want to expand my business and not for anything bad.

Yes I have. Not in a criminal sense, but wile trying to secure a property. The presence of a lawyer will mat
Kt
Lo

Same here, I have a relative who is a lawyer, but I have never been in a situation where I needed one, And I hope the only time I would need one is when I want to expand my business and not for anything bad.

What will be the role of a lawyer in your case in expanding business?.

What will be the role of a lawyer in your case in expanding business?.
Like in terms of registering my business name or logo, or if I want to change it to a company or organization instead of just a brand, if I plan on going into partnership with another company, a lawyer would be needed.

Of course I used the service of a lawyer when I want to secure a piece of land sometime last year. I might need the service again when I want to acquire another property.

Like in terms of registering my business name or logo, or if I want to change it to a company or organization instead of just a brand, if I plan on going into partnership with another company, a lawyer would be needed.
Yes of course, a lawyer is needed in order to be able to go through all of the processes without problems.

These days you can register your business yourself but to file for annual returns, you need a lawyer for that.

Featured Articles

Back