Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you ever been bitten by a dog?

Maybe you should do a bit of research about those stray dogs. If there is no history of the dogs biting anybody in the neighborhood, then maybe there's no reason for you to be afraid of them.

I fainted and fell on the road when it bit me on my leg, so my mother was panicked, and she took me to the hospital immediately. And then my parents didn't investigate that dog. They simply asked the doctor to do whatever treatment he found good for me.

I have not been bitten before, but I have been chased by a dog. People always say that you should not run when a dog chases you. They have not been in that situation before though. The next instinct is always to take flight.

I have not been bitten before, but I have been chased by a dog. People always say that you should not run when a dog chases you. They have not been in that situation before though. The next instinct is always to take flight.
Was it a local dog or those hybrid ones? I rarely run from local dogs because I don't perceive them as dangerous.

I was always told that we should not run if a dog is chasing you. I have been in the situation for couple of time in the past. In that situation I have just sat down till the dog went. It mostly happened at night.

I was always told that we should not run if a dog is chasing you. I have been in the situation for couple of time in the past. In that situation I have just sat down till the dog went. It mostly happened at night.
Yes that's true once you see them start showing their teeth and growling, the biggest mistake you will make at that time is run cause that's exactly what they are waiting for you to do.

Yes that's true once you see them start showing their teeth and growling, the biggest mistake you will make at that time is run cause that's exactly what they are waiting for you to do.
🙄
Tell that to most children and girls of nowadays who will already be cowering with fear when they see a dog like that. Their first instinct will be to run, which is a very bad decision!

🙄
Tell that to most children and girls of nowadays who will already be cowering with fear when they see a dog like that. Their first instinct will be to run, which is a very bad decision!

Absolutely, that's a bad decision but that's a reflex action we run when we are chase by a dog, we lose sense of thinking at that time.

Last edited:
Thankfully it has never happened although there were some close encounters but thankfully I saved myself from it

Thankfully it has never happened although there were some close encounters but thankfully I saved myself from it
It is better than you were able to escape being bitten, otherwise it would have been an experience you will never forget in your life.

Our dog who passed about a year ago drew some blood when I was playing around with her. I think she wasn't feeling well and didn't want to be bothered and got aggressive. It wasn't a major bite, however.

You are fortunate that you were not bitten even after having the close encounter. I have been chased by the dogs many times while driving bike and passing through the street. Yesterday only one of the stray dog was barking on me while I entered the house.

Our dog who passed about a year ago drew some blood when I was playing around with her. I think she wasn't feeling well and didn't want to be bothered and got aggressive. It wasn't a major bite, however.
Drew some blood from you? That's messed up, is she always like that?

You are fortunate that you were not bitten even after having the close encounter. I have been chased by the dogs many times while driving bike and passing through the street. Yesterday only one of the stray dog was barking on me while I entered the house.
Take care then, maybe you should carry a hockey or baseball bat to scare them away or hit if they are dangerously close

Take care then, maybe you should carry a hockey or baseball bat to scare them away or hit if they are dangerously close

I don't need hockey or stick to scare them. These dogs bark but don't bite.

I was never afraid of dogs in my youth, but until the moment when I was bitten by a dog that I had known for many years and he lived across the street from my house. He bit me when I was playing with a ball on my leg, but it was not a very serious wound. And you were bitten by a dog and where?
No, I’ve never been biten by a dog before. I’ve been fortunate not to be.

Drew some blood from you? That's messed up, is she always like that?
No, she wasn't always like that. It was nearer to her passing, so she probably wasn't feeling that great at all. However, she did bite our puppy when it was introduced to the family and he grew bigger than her.

No, she wasn't always like that. It was nearer to her passing, so she probably wasn't feeling that great at all. However, she did bite our puppy when it was introduced to the family and he grew bigger than her.
Oh, I guess those creatures also feel some jealousy!

They are a threat especially at late night and early morning and this is why I have seen many people carrying wooden stick whenever they go for walks during these hours

They are a threat especially at late night and early morning and this is why I have seen many people carrying wooden stick whenever they go for walks during these hours

Yes, I also see people carry wooden sticks when going for a morning walk in the early evening. Dogs are a threat in the dark; they normally don't bark during the day.

Featured Articles

Back