Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Going back to roots

This is a theoretical discussion. Telling someone that you couldn’t do that because you’re a woman is not very fair. You wouldn’t say that to a man even though a lot of men nowadays couldn’t do those physically challenging jobs either.
Of course it is theoretical. This is my point of view on it. I might be wrong. :p

Of course it is theoretical. This is my point of view on it. I might be wrong. :p
Just throwing it out there what about lionesses? They’re women hunters 🤗

Just throwing it out there what about lionesses? They’re women hunters 🤗
They are. When it comes to lions they are truly great. I always say that universe and all in it depicts humans and our interactions. Some animals are brave, some are fearful, some well organized in groups etc. We should learn from the nature more.

It just shows gender roles are not as universal as people think. When I hear someone say it’s a man’s world I say to them have you ever heard of a king bee?

I would do so well in the hunting department. My grandpa taught me how to hunt when I was 13 years old. He taught me how to shoot my first riffle. With a pack of good trained dogs, I can hunt anything in the wild.

I would do so well in the hunting department. My grandpa taught me how to hunt when I was 13 years old. He taught me how to shoot my first riffle. With a pack of good trained dogs, I can hunt anything in the wild.
Have you ever used a bow?

I would be a very good farmer. I used to farm a lot when I was still a kid. Now, I own a fish farm and a poultry farm too. I can provide meat for our people to the best of my knowledge.

I'll be a great farmer. I love agriculture from since when I was still a kid. I love farming the land and producing food and fruits too.

I love to build things. Second, I like farming. Anyway, skill in farming would be exceptionally critical in those times.

I picked up herbalist knowledge from my grandparents. I'll settle in nicely as the clans medicine personnel.

Unfortunately, I would be able to survive if we go back to such roots. I wasn't born in those times, I wouldn't know how to do anything to get by in such time.

Have you ever used a bow?
Yes, I've been able to make use of a bow during the time I was hunting with my grandfather decades ago when we hunted. It is part of the tools that we used to hunt even though we have rifles that were used to hunt as well. He also taught me how to set traps to catch some grass cutter.

Farming would suit me well because I'm very good at it. I'm farming now too because I know how profitable agriculture is in this modern time.

Unfortunately, I would be able to survive if we go back to such roots. I wasn't born in those times, I wouldn't know how to do anything to get by in such time.
One thing which I'm very sure about human beings is that they can learn and adapt in any situation they found themselves in. Dogs and other pets can do the same but human beings are better at it. You might think because you are not born in that time, it's going to be impossible for you to adapt but that's wrong. If you can learn, you will adapt.

Let's imagine all technology is gone, all factories, nothing, we go to cave age. Now, what role would you take there? A hunter? A farmer? A builder? Or something else?

I enjoy farming, and that is the main thing that I can confidently say that I can do assuming we are to go back to the roots. I have a poultry farm that I handle, and seeing those birds every day makes me happier. So, farming will definitely be the option that I am going to take.

One thing which I'm very sure about human beings is that they can learn and adapt in any situation they found themselves in. Dogs and other pets can do the same but human beings are better at it. You might think because you are not born in that time, it's going to be impossible for you to adapt but that's wrong. If you can learn, you will adapt.
At least people are bad in the real life. Because these technologies have separated people a lot and everyone is isolated behind a screen and no relationship between people as before. This could be the good fact of being back to roots for example.

At least people are bad in the real life. Because these technologies have separated people a lot and everyone is isolated behind a screen and no relationship between people as before. This could be the good fact of being back to roots for example.
It's true that the use of technology have made so many people forget their roots. I would not blame anyone for doing this because the use of technology have made life a lot more easier than it used to be years ago. The only problem is how most people are not abusing the use of technology.

It's true that the use of technology have made so many people forget their roots. I would not blame anyone for doing this because the use of technology have made life a lot more easier than it used to be years ago. The only problem is how most people are not abusing the use of technology.
They made people use sunglasses from a young age due to exposure for a long time to screens adds to isolation between them. You could reveal this if a couple goes to a place and everyone is behind this screen.

They made people use sunglasses from a young age due to exposure for a long time to screens adds to isolation between them. You could reveal this if a couple goes to a place and everyone is behind this screen.
Yes, technology have had it's wins and losses since human beings started depending on it too much for almost every thing they do. I can't remember the last time I didn't use one kind of technology or another for something. Technology have corrupted everything about our old ways of living.

Back