Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Generator or Solar Panels?

Ja sa bong

Veteran

Reaction score
Which one would you go for as a back up for your electricity? Would it be using a petrol generator or Solar Panels with inverters? I would go for solar panels because on the long run, they are going to serve me better than using a generator. Plus the cost of fuel now isn't funny anymore.

Unfortunately, I haven't bought either of them. I don't need them because I have consistent electricity.

I'm using generator for my back up power. I really wanted to invest in renewable energy of using solar panels but it's above my budget.

I would love to switch everything to Solar but we have too many trees to have panels on our roof. For now we use a Generator whenever we have extended power outages.

Solar is very expensive but it's better than generators. The increasing cost of petrol makes is tough for generator users today.

I can't afford to buy and install solar panal now. I would really like to do but it's only going to possible when I have the cash to finance it.

I would also use solar panels, but now the situation is that it is much more expensive and even if you think that it is more profitable in the long run, it is still difficult to find the funds to buy such expensive equipment. Now I even have a generator as a backup source of energy, but not much fuel.

The cost of petrol or fuel is going up every day and the price of diesel have always been higher than that of fuel. This is why solar panels system is the best alternative most people and also companies are using right now. It's expensive at first but on the long run, it's cheaper.

Solar panels are a great alternatives or back up power when you are experience power cut. Solar panels cost a lot of money during the installation, however, once it is installed, your maintenance cost and running cost is zero and you will be able to use the power for many years without spending any money.

Solar panels are a great alternatives or back up power when you are experience power cut. Solar panels cost a lot of money during the installation, however, once it is installed, your maintenance cost and running cost is zero and you will be able to use the power for many years without spending any money.

This is very true. It's why solar system units is the best when they have been installed. On the short run, it's very expensive but when you look at what you're gaining on the long run, you're saving thousands of dollars for years to come. It's the best alternative to power.

I would love to switch everything to Solar but we have too many trees to have panels on our roof. For now we use a Generator whenever we have extended power outages.
And this is a big problem with trees because you can't cut down trees only through the panels and always use a generator, then it won't be very cheap. I don't even know how you could solve such a problem. Except to put these panels much higher than the trees.

Most people who make use of solar panels in my country have them all installed on top of their house roof. It's more convenient for them to use the house roofs because there won't be anything to block the solar panels. Once there's sun, the solar panels will pick up heat energy to charge the inverter.

I wish I could afford installing solar panels right now because I know it's better off than using generators. There is nothing like servicing solar but it's done with generators from time to time.

I wish I could afford installing solar panels right now because I know it's better off than using generators. There is nothing like servicing solar but it's done with generators from time to time.

It is because of the high cost of solar system that a lot of people are yet to have them installed in their home and offices. If it is something which is cheaper for people to afford, so many people will no longer be making use of generators but switch over to making use of solar system for their electricity.

A solar panel with inverter would be the perfect choice. The cost of Petro is something else recently. Having a solar panel with inverter would definitely help you save up on buying fuel.

I prefer solar panels to generator, because it wouldn't make noise. Also, one wouldn't have to worry about buying fuel everytime, especially considering the high cost of fuel in my country these days.

If I needed a backup electricity source, I would likely lean more towards solar panels with inverters over a petrol generator. The ability to harness renewable energy from the sun and store it for later use appeals to me more than relying on fossil fuels. Plus, solar panels have fewer moving parts, require less maintenance, and produce no direct emissions. The upfront investment may be higher, but I believe the environmental and energy independence benefits make solar the better backup option for my needs.

Unfortunately, I haven't bought either of them. I don't need them because I have consistent electricity.
I must say you are extremely lucky. Over here there have been no light for more than a week now. They finally brought it this morning and it was not even up to two hours before they took it back. So we have to rely on generator majority of the times and the cost of fuel is something else.

Featured Articles

Back