Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Favorite Forum Software

Hulk

Hulk Smash!

Reaction score
What's your favorite forum software and why?

XenForo, not only for running forums but also using forums in general. No other forum software competes with XenForo. It has everything you want in a modern forum software and I find it difficult to even use any other software anymore.

It's also been invision community for me and also I would say XenForo ;) Yeah, they are both painful but then it's what I like to use anyway :) For free, I have to say WordPress or SMF

For paid I like Woltlab and Xenforo the most. As for free software I prefer SMF. Woltlab comes with a CMS for free with the forum software, which is great for those needing a CMS.

I would like to use XenForo but it is a paid software and a bit too much expensive for me.

I would like to use XenForo but it is a paid software and a bit too much expensive for me.
It is a little expensive but compared to other paid softwares like Invision Community and vBulletin, it is actually cheap. Even if they were the same price, I would still choose XenForo - the user experience, features, etc are so much superior to all paid and free softwares alike. XenForo is the Apple of forum softwares. The very best.

I've fallen in love with Xenforo ever since I started using it as a member, so many neat features, and add-ons, and the overall atmosphere is pleasant. For free software, I like Jcink just because it brings on the most nostalgia from the InvisionFree/ZetaBoards days and I've grown very accustomed to it due to using it for 5+ years.

You could purchase a secondhand license! It would be cheaper than purchasing a new one. There's a few different places you can buy one, Admin Junkies has a buy/sell area and there's a member named Jason who is selling four licenses, one for $110. There's another member who is selling a license for $100 which is $60 cheaper than a brand new license. It's still a bit of money but IMO it's worth it.

I don't have that amount of money. :p

For free, MyBB has more add-ons I suspect. However, you have to get a free or paid responsive theme. Now, for paid, I like XenForo, but I'm sure the other ones are just as good and I have thought about trying Wolt Lab.

Forums which I've signed up on that used Xenforo forum software are always better. I have better experience using Xenforo built forums than any other ones.

Xenforo is my favourite forum software, everything you want in a forum software is available on Xenforo. It gives you a full support whenever you are having challenges using the software, this is the reason why I love it so much.

I started with Vbulletin many moons ago, but ever since Xenforo was released I have been a fan and havent switched back.

My favorite forum software is XenForo because it offers a user-friendly interface, a wide range of features, and excellent community management tools.
I've not used Xenforo as a forum owner but that's my opinion on it as an active member in forums using that software.

I like PHPBB forums for budget reasons and am more familiar with their administrative control panel. If I have money in the future I may switch to Xenforo license due to the perks and features I have seen on forums running it.

Based on my usage as an Admin, I like SMF very much. I Apart form SMF, I have also used other open source forum software like phpBB and MyBB, these are also good but myBB is little tough for beginners. I have never used premium software for my forums but as a staff I have used XF on multiple forums and it is really good.

Last edited:
All forums I have used are running on Xenforo. I do not have any experience with any other software. I cannot make any comparison but based on my experience as a user, xeneforo is really good

I am not a forum owner but for a short time I worked as a Mod on a website and I really liked how Xenforo was and how easy was it to use

I'd like to switch to XenForo. Well, foolishly I had sold many XF licenses when I was down on money. I'm not doing that again!

I am not a forum owner but for a short time I worked as a Mod on a website and I really liked how Xenforo was and how easy was it to use
Working as staff member don't differ from having a forum since administration panel is same, some perks differs depending on your staff member role.

Featured Articles

Back