Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you sleep with lights on?

When I am tired, I can sleep with lights on or off, with noise or not, I sleep like a baby. But my preference is to sleep with lights off. I feel I rest more with no lights.
But it is not necessary to turn on very bright light. For example, if you use a night lamp that does not emit a lot of light, it creates a more relaxing atmosphere for me than darkness and it would be even easier for me to fall asleep

No, I can’t sleep with the lights on. If there’s any type of lights entering my room, I’ll wake up.

This is exactly how it affects me whenever there are lights in the room where I am sleeping and it's the reason why I make sure that I switch off every light before I go to bed. Even if the power wasn't on when I am going to bed, I will have to make sure that when the power comes on, no light will enter my eyes immediately if it comes on.

For the last 13 days now I have been sleeping with the lights on cause I am in a camp where am not the only one in the room. The others seems to enjoy sleeping with the light on, so I really do not have much of a choice. I actually prefer sleeping with the lights turned off.

I make my room as dark as possible. Blinds closed with a dark curtain over them. It is so dark in my room that you cannot even see your hand in front of your face. I also sleep with earplugs to shut out any noise.

One thing is sure for me, the moment I lay down with my headphones in my ear, I would dose off whether the light is on or off. That's one attribute I am grateful for. Some people can't sleep with lights on. It is quite common here.

I cannot sleep with lights on and even the faintest of light doesn't let me sleep

I kind of keep the lights on when I am tired from work and want nothing but sleep. I move into sleeping cloths and just get into bed. Nothing more.

Yes, I always want to sleep with lights on. I don't think that there is any need not to sleep with the lights on. I can't even enjoy my sleep when I am sleeping with lights off. So, I will always want to have the lights on as it makes me feel comfortable while I am sleeping.
It's the same with me because when the house is dark I feel that the darkness makes me feel somehow very lonely and when the light is on I can easily fall asleep even though others don't. It also makes me feel safe

People who are afraid of the dark do tend to keep the lights on. They are afraid of ghosts, monsters and everything they fear. Even older people get to do so.

No I don't sleep with lights on. Okay when I was young I don't like switching off the lights before I sleep because of fear of the unknown. But now I'm grown and I realized that it is only natural to switch off the lights when I sleep.

No, I do not sleep with the lights on, because if the lights were on I wouldn't be able to sleep. If I take a nap during the day, I have to close the blinds, or I can't sleep.

I generally prefer to sleep in complete darkness. I find that having any amount of light, even a small nightlight or the glow from electronics, can disrupt my sleep quality and make it harder for me to fully relax and drift off.

No, I do not sleep with the lights on, because if the lights were on I wouldn't be able to sleep. If I take a nap during the day, I have to close the blinds, or I can't sleep.
It is the same in my case too, the light from the bulb and the windows will be blinding me, making it difficult for me to get some sleep.

I can never sleep in any place where the room is bright. I can only sleep in a pitch dark room. This is why I don't and can't take a nap during the day.
Same here, though I do sleep, but I find it really hard and in most cases uncomfortable to sleep when the lights are turned on. I prefer sleeping when the room is dark and cold.

This is exactly how it affects me whenever there are lights in the room where I am sleeping and it's the reason why I make sure that I switch off every light before I go to bed. Even if the power wasn't on when I am going to bed, I will have to make sure that when the power comes on, no light will enter my eyes immediately if it comes on.
It makes such a huge difference. Any type of light hitting my face while I’m trying to sleep will keep me awake for quite sometime smh.

I just can't sleep with lights on, never. If there's a light out and I slept without turning off the switch, and they bring the light back while I'm sleeping, I will wake up immediately and turn it off.

I sleep with the lights off. In my area if an adult sleeps with lights on such person will be branded a baby 😂

Featured Articles

Back