Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you ride bicycle?

That happens with many of the things that we start with full enthusiasm. And then it is not sustained. Lol!
For us, we have got a cycle for everyone in the family. And on weekends, four of us will go for long cycling tour. Our cycles are fully used. It's fun family time and we get our exercises too.
I will start soon too as now its high time for me to utilize that cycle and most important I need to lose some extra weight

When I was a kid I did ride the bicycle often. And during the pandemic, in 2021 since not all can go out, I used the bicycle as an exercise. I bike around the village going around every streets.

It's the best form of exercise so if possible we all should ride a bicycle, stay fit and also try to save the environment from the pollution

@Ginger. You should start it very soon. Cycling is a great form of exercise. It's a great cardio exercise and is so good for not only loosing weight, but also to bring strength in you legs muscles and bones. It gives great shape to legs too.
I enjoy cycling for exercise.

@Ginger. You should start it very soon. Cycling is a great form of exercise. It's a great cardio exercise and is so good for not only loosing weight, but also to bring strength in you legs muscles and bones. It gives great shape to legs too.
I enjoy cycling for exercise.
I agree and I will certainly start with it if not from tomorrow then from Monday as I am also making my mind to start with zero sugar challenge starting from Monday

I agree and I will certainly start with it if not from tomorrow then from Monday as I am also making my mind to start with zero sugar challenge starting from Monday
Wow! That sounds really good. I should also go for a zero sugar challenge for few months. I am a diabetic and keep a good control over my sugar intake but in the last one month, I have taken sweets like icecream and cakes etc a few times. My elder daughter was here and we had few reasons to celebrate on few days. I have to get back to the track of my diet and exercise.

Wow! That sounds really good. I should also go for a zero sugar challenge for few months. I am a diabetic and keep a good control over my sugar intake but in the last one month, I have taken sweets like icecream and cakes etc a few times. My elder daughter was here and we had few reasons to celebrate on few days. I have to get back to the track of my diet and exercise.
My mom is also diabetic so I have someone to company LOL but it will be hard for me considering my love for sweets since my childhood

I have tried this before and though it's not easy, especially for someone who loves sweet so much, but the effects can be really great for our health and physical bódy as well.

I am also diabetic @arunima25 and have been taking medicines to control my blood sugar level. I don't go for walks, but I walk a lot at work. I have stopped taking sugar in any form of food, but I occasionally consume sweets and face problems.

I am also diabetic @arunima25 and have been taking medicines to control my blood sugar level. I don't go for walks, but I walk a lot at work. I have stopped taking sugar in any form of food, but I occasionally consume sweets and face problems.
Once in a while we all go off track. Recently even I have gone off track with my diet and sugar consumption when my elder daughter was here. Now, I have to force myself back to diet regime. I am sure that my sugars would have gone haywire in the last one month. I have LADA diabetes( Type 1.5) and it is similar to Type 1. My body does not produce insulin and I have to inject it three to four times at regular intervals.

Yes, it happens. Like today I have eaten lots of sweets as my sister in law came to meet us today and I think my blood sugar level will increase.

Yes, it happens. Like today I have eaten lots of sweets as my sister in law came to meet us today and I think my blood sugar level will increase.
It would have definitely increased. But you can go for strict regime in the coming days to compensate for it. We can do it few times but not all the time. It's not good for us.

My wife is very strict with me. She doesn't allow me to eat any food with sugar. She doesn't allow me to consume soft drinks. I check my blood sugar twice or three times a week so that I can monitor it and take action if it's not under control.

I can ride a bicycle pretty well, even perform some skills with it. But while I was learning how to ride I fell a lot of times. Still got some scars that serve as reminder 🤣

I can ride a bicycle pretty well, even perform some skills with it. But while I was learning how to ride I fell a lot of times. Still got some scars that serve as reminder 🤣

Welcome back! I hope you're fine, as I didn't see you for a long time on this site. It happened to all of us. I fell infinite times when I was riding a bicycle in childhood.

I have tried this before and though it's not easy, especially for someone who loves sweet so much, but the effects can be really great for our health and physical bódy as well.
I have been an insulin dependent diabetic for almost all my life. There has been phases where I have gone without sugar for years together. I was a strict vegan for almost five years with no sugar and processed food. I am very strict with my diet and exercise plan.

Being diabetic, I also have to be very careful with my diet. I remember once I didn't have breakfast or lunch till 3 p.m. and my legs were shivering because of weakness, and all of a sudden I thought of checking my blood sugar level and found it too low. My wife brought sweets, and after eating them, I became normal. So I have to keep myself disciplined for the diets.

@Sanjeev . Hypoglycemia can be more dangerous than hyperglycemia. And diabetic people run a risk of that, especially the ones dependent on insulin injection. It is always suggested to keep dates or a candy with you. You might need them in situations like that.

I do not ride a bicycle because I cannot. I have no balance whatsoever.

I do not ride a bicycle because I cannot. I have no balance whatsoever.
Oh! I see. Sometimes, it takes a longer practice for many to develop that sense of balance. Doesn't come easy to many of us. And when we are out of practice for a long, we might struggle with again once we try to resume it after a long break

Back